Skip to content

What is the XP/Level cap in Black Pits 2?

Getting ready for the Mac patch finally landing, I'm thinking about running another party through the Black Pits, ready for BP2. Looking to the end-game, is the xp cap in Black Pits the same as for SoA? I ask, because it was mostly level based, rather than xp-based, for the first Black Pits.

Specifically, if I take a multi-class, am I going to cap out at 8Mxp, or will I be able to keep leveling? Can a triple-classed mage reach the fabled 9th level spells (at 9Mxp)?

Or is there simply not enough xp in the game to be worrying about this with a party of 6?

(please no plot/item spoilers, as I am yet to play the game)

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    BP2 ends at around 6 500 000 XP.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    And if I keep rerunning battles, will I hit the same xp cap as ToB? Or will my multis keep leveling? (not that it sounds like I will need it, but it would be the opportunity the play the crazy F/M/C, especially if I limit party size?)
    Oh, I haven't tried that. Probably it has the same cap as ToB.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I don't think you get xp for repeating battles and it's quest xp so number of oarty members doesn't change the maximum level.
    It is indeed quest XP you get for the battles. I think you're right about no XP for repeat battles as well.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Yeah, in BP2, you only get XP from the battles. Even the sidequests don't give you any, they just make the final fight easier. You can repeat figths for extra money and the prizes. The prize-items are the best in-game so it's recommendable to rerun battles anyway.
    Thanks for the answers, now I just wait for the 1.3 patch to land :)

I guess the final attempt to gain xp would be to start at a higher level e.g., what happens if I attempt to run the same party through the arena a second time? Do they lose xp on starting a new game? Or are they grossly overpowered? And if so, where is the xp/level cap second time around?
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Honestly, you won't need any extra XP. Depending on what you make of your party and the sidequests, BP2 is either impossibly challenging or darn easy. Cheesyrolling through the fights should be reserved for rerunning battles only. The fights are terrifying and awesome at the same time if you do them right.

Amount of party members is irrelevant, since experience is given per character as quest XP.
    I just checked using the console and the XP cap is indeed 8 M like in ToB.
    Jut to confirm - that XP cap was for a multiples (ideally triple) or a single class?

I am not worried about grossly overpowering the game, just curious if I can sneak a F/M/C up to 9th level spells at any point, without installing mods to remove XP caps (I don't mod). Black Pits 2 was my last ray of hope ;)
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    Xp cap removers are super easy to do... all I had to do on android was download a folder and put it in my BG folder...
    @GreenWarlock I tested single class, dual class, multi class.
    Thanks - that's pretty thorough! No 9th level spells for me! Guess I get used to playing the game as intended after all ;)
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2015
    Are high level abilities also available in black pits 2, or have they been removed solely for the main BG2 game like in IWDEE??
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    @dr_muds Yes, your characters can have HLAs in the Black Pits 2.