Skip to content

Durlags tower tourists

In Durlags Tower, is one of the tourists who wanders off by himself while Ike is talking supposed to get killed in a trap? I seem to recall in the original game that this does happen but in my BG:EE playthrough, a tourist wanders off after being warned not to and then nothing happens. Ike's next speech mentions a tourist getting burnt alive though.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Did you talk to the Tourist? That causes 'em to go other way. Also, I think the Tourist runs over the trap when the Demon Knight appears, not before.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    The tourist in question survives whether or not I talk to him. The demon knight ignores him for some reason.
    edited February 2015
    Huh. I dunno what could be wrong. Last time I played this part of the game the stupid Tourist got killed and everything, but it was in the previous version.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    edited February 2015
    He is supposed to be killed by the trap that is in the doorway he runs into, however many vigilant adventurers notice the trap before he runs into it and disarm it. Doing so saves him, but the other tourists still think he is dead. I suppose it could be reported as a D rank bug...
    There isn't a trap in that doorway at all. Or if there is, the tourist triggers it and it does nothing. Not worth worrying about anyway.

I'll go back to a save game at some point and see if there really is a trap in the doorway before the tourist heads that way.
    Just reloaded to a saved game from before I went to Durlag's Tower for the first time. Turns out there is no trap in the doorway. At least none that I can find with Montaron's 100% find traps skill or by just wandering around to see if I could trigger it myself.
    I created a new game, moved to AR1000, talked to Ike, moved to AR500, entered Durlag's Tower, talked to to Ike, and the Tourist burnt himself to death:
    There *IS* a trap, but it's set only to be triggered by NPCs, meaning you can't find nor trigger it.
    Not a bug. Save attached if any doubts arise later.
    That spot is exactly where the tourist stands and nothing happens. How do you get it to highlight the traps like that?
    Enable the debug mode and when in the game press CRTL+4.
    Do you have any files in your override folder?