Skip to content

Kivan leaving group at candlekeep

Is there more to Kivan's personal quest than merely going to the bandit camp? I've been as far as Baldur's gate, attacked the Iron Throne headquarters and just been to Candlekeep.

As soon as I arrive there, Dorn tells me more of his background and as soon as he finishes, Kivan announces that he has business to attend to and disappears.

Does Kivan leave because he dislikes Dorn?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited February 2015
    What is your reputation on right now?

And i can see from an earlier thread the same problem, sadly s/he didn't get an answer.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28313/dorn-kivan-leave-party-bug

"If i kick out Kivan, let Dorn finish his dialogue, then take him back, i finished the entire game without any issue."

Looks like he was able to solve his problems like this.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    14 or 15
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Did you try what i mentioned above? And perhaps try to enter another area, or sleep for 8 hours to see if you can trigger it somewhere else.
    I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens...
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited February 2015
    Dorn's dialogue is linked to the wrong state in Kivan's dialogue. DORNJ state 56 should link to KiVANJ 7, but it's linked to KIVANJ state 5. You can either drop Kivan temporarily before the dialogue happens and pick him back up after, or I've got a small mod that will correct the dialogue states.

Unzip the archive, copy the "dornfix" folder and "setup-dornfix.exe" file into your game folder. Then run setup-dornfix.exe. (There are also files for installation on OSX: just copy the "dornfix" folder, "setup-dornfix" and "setup-dornfix.command" to your game folder and run setup-dornfix.command).

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/FileUpload/2a/4d761a9891f57fdc70cd50ac7e9c82.zip
    Thanks, I shall try that out later.
    The mod worked thanks :)