Skip to content

Is the release date still on track?

KyazzichetuaduKyazzichetuadu Member Posts: 9
Seems like there is a ton of development still going on, although I suppose it might just be polishing at this point. Anyone worried the release date might be pushed?

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Hopefully it will be! If it won't, then I'll just wait patiently for its release and once it is out, first day, multiplayer Let's Play with my GF! :D (cough @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud cough)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @kilroy_was_here

HEY! We don't take kindly to people not taking kindly around here. If you don't like it, you can just....geeeeet ouuuuut!

*thinks about what he just said and isn't sure what to say next*
  • KyazzichetuaduKyazzichetuadu Member Posts: 9

Geez, are you trying to jinx it or something? We don't take kindly to negative attitudes around here buster! :)

More seriously, I haven't heard anything about the release date since they announced it, so it seems that the project is still on track. Being a digital release anyway it would be simple to have patches correct any issues that come up after release.

Trent Oster also seems to be pretty transparent, and seems like he would have pointed to a delay if he thought there would be one. Can someone send him a tweet and ask? haha
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It's most likely 'done' and at the publisher for the final ok's. In other words, it has progress due dates before the final due date so that the publisher doesn't have a fiasco (cough Sword of the Stars II cough). BTW - in fairness to SOTS, they (Kerberos) is a really good dev that works with the fan base awesomely. Just don't want to seem like a somebody that bashes freely and unfairly.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    They are still gonna be working on the game post ship, through dlc an other stuff, so... Development won't stop yet
  • Dee_ShimonDee_Shimon Member Posts: 3
    I am not too worried. Even with a slight delay, I have so little invested (monetarily) compared to other games on the market, I am willing to cut them some slack.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217

Hopefully it will be! If it won't, then I'll just wait patiently for its release and once it is out, first day, multiplayer Let's Play with my GF! :D (cough @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud cough)

>_> Stop it guys, Im jelly. My gf wont touch a game with some much text even with a 10m stick(Oh, and she doesnt have a pc right now).

• Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Fake_Sketch: Maybe you should try to play a real roleplaying game with her? Let her choose or create a character and then invent some crazy story. Doesn't have to make sense, as long as you both have fun! Maybe afterwards she might consider looking over your shoulder when playing BG. :p Or another idea, just for the lolz, play Amnesia: The Dark Descent together and get both creeped out! XD
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    edited August 2012
    Pffft, Amnesia is not that creepy if you make up silly names and voice-over the monsters. I named the classic one "Mortimer" :p

But seriously, @Fake_Sketch : get her into gaming, step by step. I am sure she'll enjoy it eventually. And if she doesn't... well, that's subjective really XD (suggestion - start with Angry Birds. You can't get wrong with THAT)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Tr_ond said:

Start with a nurse uniform...That`s role-playing.

Hahaha, well played sir.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Thanks Sylvanus. And thanks to the dev who shared. Neat info. :)
    @Sylvus_Moonbow
    "Tomb of Sarevok" is a DLC?
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    I thought the digital copy didn't require the beamdog client?
  • RhaoRhao Member Posts: 7
    @Arsene_Lupin - it shouldn't - I didn't have to get the client when I preordered.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    You can get BG:EE by Beamdog Client OR by a direct download, for your choosing.

@Sylvus_Moonbow
    "Tomb of Sarevok" is a DLC?

'Adventure Y' goes post-ship, hence it will be a DLC, though I dont know if a paid DLC or a free one. as for "Tomb Of Sarevok" I think its just a random name the replier come up with for the 'Adventure Y', as a joke.

• CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    That of release date I'm confident that they will make it. That of pre-loading one week before (tomorrow!) I'm not so sure.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    I have pre-ordered the game and downloaded and installed the Beamdog client (from the main website). In the client's 'My Games' tab there is an icon for BG:EE of which it states which says "ready to download." But there's nothing to download yet.

We're supposed to be getting an email about now with instructions. I just hope it doesn't go to my spam folder, heh! (So far I'm getting Beamdog's emails in my regular mail, best I can tell. I never check the spam folder though.)
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    @Lemernis Mine is still saying 'Getting download info...'
    @Sylvus_Moonbow - That email was legit? Hard to tell.

As I looked at it, I was thinking about the email looking like:

To: ********@hotmail.com
    Subject: RE: Community update?
    Date: Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:33:02 -0400

Sylvus, my good friend, I am hoping this email find you well and your family and your friends as they try to find Prosperity. My Benefactor was greedy man who lived with Much Wealth in Amn and had no friends and family unhappily living with Him. His Wishing to make for better Happiness he has left a Great Sum of gold for making the happiness of your Esteemed Self. if this is your Wish, to have great Wealth and happiness, send your contact information and Bank Routing number and Account so that we can help you Dream come True...

...You know, if I ever receive a legitimate offer like this, I'll think it's fake, delete it and forever be lacking Great Wealth and Happiness.
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    edited September 2012
    CCarluNN said:

@Lemernis Mine is still saying 'Getting download info...'

Mine too...

Ill loose half my faith in beamdog if I cant pre dowload tomorrow.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Just a few hours before preloading should begin...
    [sarcasm]I love the "if Beamdog/Overhaul don't do X by deadline Y, I will... (fill in blank)" posts.[/sarcasm]

Really, I think they have their hands full with meeting the 18 SEPTEMBER due date. Whether pre-download is today, or on the 17th, it's still early. Looking forward to playing next week!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    This is just in in Trent Oster tweets...

TrentOster: We are going through the game hard and fixing the outstanding issues. Fixes are going well.

• KyazzichetuaduKyazzichetuadu Member Posts: 9
    I am not surprised (obviously) by the delay
  • ImBarryScottImBarryScott Member Posts: 18
    Prophetic...