Skip to content

#11725 - Thieves in Lower Dorn's Deep should not be immediately hostile

SilvershadowsSilvershadows Member Posts: 28
edited February 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
First , I'm sorry for the double post . Since the former thread is closed , there is no other way to provide some clarity in this matter . So , please merge this post with the original discussion if you think the matter is reasonable , or delete it if this is a dupe .
Troodon80 said:

@Troodon80 If you get ambushed by thieves, then Seth does disappear (this is because there are multiple ways into the palace, and it doesn't make sense to exit via the front entrance and meet Seth still standing there).

I never leaved Area : AR8001

Here is my party movement

Post edited by Troodon80 on
hook71Cluas

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I don't suppose you have a save game prior to the ambush? I cannot get the ambush to occur at that point without first talking to Seth. Do you know what creatures you attacked en route? What type of spells you used (i.e. area of effect)?
    lolien
  • SilvershadowsSilvershadows Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2015
    Troodon80 said:

I don't suppose you have a save game prior to the ambush? I cannot get the ambush to occur at that point without first talking to Seth. Do you know what creatures you attacked en route? What type of spells you used (i.e. area of effect)?

Ok , I have uploaded my save , along with full battle descriptions and screenshots .

Use the same approaching path mentioned above .

My system is Windows XP sp3 , pure game no mod .

Game Files

--- (A) ---
    Fought the tormented paladin with Doom and Sunscorch .

--- (B) ---

image Ioelena the Moon Mage lured six Sentries and a bunch of Salamanders to Area B .

After immobilized them with Web ,Grease and Entangle , four casters dispatched the mob with Curse , Cloudburst and Skull Trap

** The protection spells on Ioelena : Mirror Image , Stoneskin , Protection from Fire ,Protection from Normal Missiles , Free Action and Minor Globe

** During the fight , I have to cast a Resilient Sphere spell on a deep gomes , who accidentally wandered into the battle field ,for his own protection .

--- (C) ---

Ioelena lured another group of Salamanders into AOE zone ,then my party dispatched them with Snilloc's Snowball Swarm , Ice Storm and Holy Smite .

--- (D) ---

Ambushed by the thieves , I casted Glitterdust to reveal these backstabbers .

--- (E) ---

Destroyed three Sentries with Skull Trap , Ice Storm and Cone of Cold .

--- (F) ---

Seth was not there .....

Post edited by Silvershadows on
    hook71
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Turns out there's some weirdness going on in the scripts. Reported as #11725. :-)
    hook71JuliusBorisovCluas