Skip to content

Dr. K's Pathetic Attempts at a No-reload SCS Insane Runthrough

2»

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Okay, so moving along. Luckily, travelling back to Beregost went well and the Cloak of Non-detection could be sold for 500 gp, so the party got most of their equipment back. Imoen raided a few houses and gave Minsc the Stupifier, so now we have a +1 weapon. Once re-equipped, the party talked to Garrick in order to finish up his quest.

Roland, a just individual, wouldn't play along to Silke's schemes. The battle began with a precasting of Stoneskin. Marvelous. She went for Valerie first, because of her abysmal AC.

By the time Jaheira, Minsc, and Roland got a few hits on Silke, Valerie was almost dead.

Because her Mirror Image was down, Silke vanished. Jaheira healed Valerie in the meantime. Then she was back, casting Confusion on Minsc, who failed his save. Silke reduced Valerie's health again.

Silke put Valerie to sleep, and killed Imoen. Roland was injured.

Silke summoned some dogs to help her. Even better. She was still not damaged at this point, and cast Stoneskin again.

Then, Flesh to Stone!

Bye, Roland.

Lessons learned for next run - wait to fight ANY spellcaster, and don't fight ettercaps.

Up next, I'm feeling a mage.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited February 2015
    SCS Silke is very tough. I often skip her because by the time she can be safely dealt with she's no longer interesting for me for her gear or XP. I've heard good things about Tiax' Ghast though. You might want to recruit the Gnome if you wanted to try to take her on early in your next run. Best of luck with your Mage!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

SCS Silke is very tough. I often skip her because by the time she can be safely dealt with she's no longer interesting for me for her gear or XP. I've heard good things about Tiax' Ghast though. You might want to recruit the Gnome if you wanted to try to take her on early in your next run. Best of luck with your Mage!

You can try opening with a backstab, while pelting with elemental darts/element damaging arrows from everyone else.

You might be able to stun lock her with Stupufier and Tiax's Ghast? Lock her down with Feeblemind, or Silence, or Hold Person? Spook or Blind or Horror can help too. You can drop a bunch of Webs on her too, then pelt at range.

In no reload, elemental and poison to damage continuously through Stoneskin will be pretty reliable I'd wager.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Wanted to pop in and apologize for the delay, I will get moving on the mage run within the week.