Skip to content

Sequencer failing

PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
Xzar now has a minor sequencer spell and to deal with surprise basilisk encounters, I thought I would put Protection From Evil and Protection From Petrification into the sequencer.

Went wandering around Durlag's Tower and bumped into a greater basilisk. Xzar cast the sequencer on charname resulting in two spell failed messages closely followed by charname getting turned to stone.

Is there something I am missing about how to use sequencers? I can't see any reason why these spells should not have taken effect.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    IIRC touch range spells put into sequencers will always fail unless they are used on the caster. At the very least you need to be practically on top of the target in order to cast touch spells with a sequencer. I am not sure if the devs are going to try to fix this or not.
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Ah ok, that makes sense. I thought it would be a nice way to get buffs out quickly seeing as I don't like metagaming. If my party doesn't have good reason to suspect that they are about to end up in a difficult fight then I don't bother with pre-buffing. And once the fighting starts I usually have my wizards busy with offensive magic.

I'll change it to a stinking cloud and web combo and see how much fun that is for my opponents.