Skip to content

F/D vs. R/C vs. F/C (multi and Dual) and some questions

Hi all,

I'm considering the chars in the title and was hoping for some insight from more experienced players.
1. Does turn undead improve all the way to level 40 or does it cap earlier like most spells?
2. Does the power of dispell magic cap at 20 or does it continue to 40? What about Inquisitors?
3. Do Ironskins/Stoneskins cap or can you get 20 skins at 40?

From my way of thinking if the powers of those spells continues past 20 it makes more sense to dual and get the full power of the caster.

I welcome all feedback or insight into these classes.

F->D
Advantages:
- Access to HLA Greater Elemental Summoning
- 5* in proficiency
Disadvantages:
- Lacks access to key cleric spells
- Lacks Turn Undead

F->C
Advantages:
- Turn Undead
- Key buff and other cleric spells
- 5* in proficiency
Disadvantages:
- None of key druid spells (insect plague, ironskin, etc...)

R->C
Advantages:
- Access to all cleric and druid spells (except HLA Greater Elemental Summoning)
- Ranger abilities (stealth, racial enemy, etc..)
- Turn Undead
Disadvantages:
- Can't get 5* in proficiencies

(Note: taking a kit of Fighter or Ranger adds both advantages and disadvantages) Any thoughts on Fighter and/or Ranger kits?

V/R,
Windfoot

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Hey dewd,

1) AFAIK it improves all the way
    2) AFAIK max dispel level is 40 for clerics and inquisitors both
    3) This should be capped at 10 skins at level 20.

Biggest advantage of dualing is the ability to pick a fighter kit. I would recommend the F/D as a dual class (berserker or kensai), same as F/C. However, I would make the R/C a multi, since you can't get ***** anyway.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    F->D for V/R
  • WindfootWindfoot Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for the advice!

I would think Kensai -> Druid is a strange dual. No slings and no use of gauntlets or bracers to help THAC0.

Thanks,
    Windfoot
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Windfoot It's actually pretty good because Ironskins solves the problem of no armour.