Skip to content

MODS!

Hey everyone, I'm getting the urge to start a new game... I'm in the underdark in my current game, and I'm getting bored... I 've been wanting to run an evil party no-reload run for a while, so I think I'm going to take a break from my current game.

I've never used any mods, but I've been researching some of them, and I think it would be fun to experience some new things. These are the mods I'm considering for my next run:

SCS & SCSII
BG1 NPC Project
IWDification
BG Mini Quests & Encounters
BG Romantic Encounters
BG Unfinished Business

I'm also considering, but not sure about:

Dark Horizons
Drizzt Saga

I'm pretty sure these are all compatible with Windows version of EE, if not please let me know.

Are there any other EE compatible mods you guys recommend? What I really want is new adventures and areas. DSotSC is one I've wanted to play for years, but I don't think it is compatible with EE. Also NSotSC sounds cool, but I don't think that one is compatible either.

All suggestions are welcome, and thanks in advance!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Don't play Dark Horizons and anymod that has Drizzt in it unless you enjoy extremely powerful items, weapons/armor The items in those mods are more epic than ToB upgrades! Will make the regular game unbalanced and easy even with scs.

On the other hand I can not praise SCS mod enough! Simply put, best mod ever for the experienced player. Can't play without it.
    CrevsDaak
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    edited February 2015
    Thanks @lunar ! I wasn't sure about those two. Do you have any recommendations for mods that add extra content/areas? I'm not really looking for many extra NPCs, since I'm doing an evil run and I haven't played with most of those characters yet.

Also, has anyone played the romantic encounters mod? Is it all sappy bs, or is it actually interesting?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @CField17 RE is one of the best-content mod here. Very good quality compared to some NPC-wana-be-romance
    Stone of Askavar and Greyclan mods are excellent, they add new areas and challenging encounters. And they do not contain ridiculous loot. I am not sure if they are ee compatible as of yet, though.

They do have some nice items, but not over the top like Dark Horizons. In DH, you can get an epic shortsword from a low level thug just below Beregost:it does extra damage, stuns with each hit, etc. Just an example how broken it gets how fast.

@lunar do have access to a mod installation order? I cant seem to find one. The best that I can find suggests quest/content mods ->npc mods->item mods->kitpacks->tweakpacks->scs->visuals.
    Looks reasonable to me.
    CrevsDaak
    ok thanks!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Looks like a "not yet" for Stone of Askavar:

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8232.0
    @AstroBryGuy I just installed BGUB. Thanks, looking forward to playing!
    AstroBryGuy
    If you install both BG1NPC and BG1UB, either install BG1NPC first or don't install the following components of BG1UB:

Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest
    Coran and the Wyverns
    Kivan and Tazok
    Branwen and Tranzig
    lunar
    @AstroBryGuy of course, I did exactly the opposite of this. What now?
    I just uninstalled BG1UB and am going to reinstall, this way it'll be installed after BG1NPC. Hoping for no problems!
    AstroBryGuy
    Should be fine then. BG1UB will skip those components if BG1NPC is installed.