Skip to content

Import item from bg into icewind dale: robe of vecna

Is it possible to import the robe of vecna into IWD? if not... is there a relatively easy way to add the reduced spellcasting time quality to an item or character in IWD?

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    You can copy the WA2ROBE.ITM file to your override folder if you want to give it a try.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Honestly it would be easier to take one of the items on your character and modify it to reduce casting speed.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Musigny said:

You can copy the WA2ROBE.ITM file to your override folder if you want to give it a try.

But if you do that you will most assuredly get invalid string references and the description will be broken. The item will still work as normal though.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Not sure how easy it is, since it might be a random drop. But there is an amulet called Kossuth's Blood which reduces casting time by 2. It's found in Heart of Winter in the Remorhaz cave.
    @elminster , @Tresset ,
    Agreed, for sure. But if @GoatNinja wants the robe...
    I mean I answer the question as it comes.
    Now if he/she wants a simple cheat you have a better option. (or add the effect to the cre).
    There is no iclick33.bam in BG2EE (its icon file), so a copy and pasting just the itm file itself would be glitchy (improper description, no working icon).
    edited February 2015
    yes that one is a real issue.
    (you mean in IWDEE not BG2EE).
    Yea sorry I meant in IWDEE.
  • GoatNinjaGoatNinja Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the answers! My only experience is with ee keeper... can you point me in the right direction to where I can learn how to edit items?
  • grogersongrogerson Member Posts: 116
    @Chidojuan - Kossuth's Blood amulet is for fire spells only, not all spells.

@GoatNinja - EE Keeper's good for some things, but Near Infinity is really what you need for looking into the engine mechanics (such as items and their abilities). The forum is at either Spellhold Studios or Pocket Plane Group, with a link to the newest build. You want beta 20 or later for EE compatibility. It takes a bit to figure how to get around in it, but you can find which codes do what, such as faster casting speed for all magic, then you can modify an item with that same code in IWDEE. If you want *all* the abilities of Vecna's robe, you'd best talk with someone with modding experience who can create a small WeiDU mod adding it to the game...
    Kossuth's Blood does reduce casting time for all spells by 2.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    @grogerson It actually increases damage from fire attacks by 20%, but the casting time is reduced for all spells as @elminster stated above.