Skip to content

A question about Dorn: experienced players, your input is appreciated

Hello all,

I would really like to see all the new content in BG2:EE, and the stuff that I haven't seen yet is everything related to Dorn. I don't like to play evil, so I have never taken him along, especially with that initial quest he has.

But, suppose that I play a neutral character who decides to pick Dorn as soon as possible, do all his quests as quickly as he can and then have a change of heart towards a better path... how much damage would Dorn cause to my reputation and other things? I understand I will never again be able to enter the High Hall of the Radiant Heart, but does Dorn destroy anything else irrevocably? Will my reputation be at 1 by the end of it?

It would be great to hear if this is a viable strategy at all.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    No it's not so bad. Plus you can always boost rep at temples.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I think it would be a bit spoilery to give you exact reputation penalties Dorn's quests provide but I can assure you that they're about 5-6 in SoA. So, if you start at reputation 12-13, you'll be fine.

All I can reveal, again without spoilers, is that his other quests are not as bloody as the first one. Dorn doesn't destroy anything else, yes, and in terms of the High Hall of the Radiant Heart, check
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/404711/#Comment_404711
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Thank you both. I think that was enough. I'll try him in my next playthrough, then.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Reputation can be managed. Be aware that Dorn's quests are very 'driven' which can cause time management issues with other NPCs quests and will ask questions of your character if you are roleplaying.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You can avoid the reputation drop from the first quest by following the right dialogue path. From what I remember with Dorn for his whole SoA quest line I only suffered a rep drop once, and it was like -2 or something.