Skip to content

"Default" BG1 soundset

KaiketsuKaiketsu Member Posts: 38
edited March 2015 in Troubleshooting
Where is it located? In the "Sounds" folder there are Female 1-6 and Male 1-6 voice sets... but where's the "default" one? It's different in BG1.

In BG2 the "default" is the same as Male5 so there's no issue

But in BG1 it's unique and I kinda wanted to keep it when importing the char, lol.
And I can't copy something that just doesn't exist!
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    They have to be in the game's data somewhere... I will see if I can find them...
    Looks like they are packaged in a .bif... You would need something like NearInfinity to get at them. Or you would need someone else to get them for you... I will look in to it if I have time tomorrow.
  • KaiketsuKaiketsu Member Posts: 38
    That would be neat:) sadly I have no idea how to obtain them myself :)

Kinda weird that they left it in .bif, seems almost an oversight.
    I should let you know that BG2 handles character sounds much differently from the way BG1 handles them. If you were to put the default BG1 sounds in BG2 they likely wouldn't line up correctly. Selection sounds, for instance, may wind up becoming command sounds or some such. There are also a lot fewer sounds that were recorded for BG1 so you would have nothing for quite a few of them. The BG1 voices don't have lines for critical hits or misses, for instance. Since I have never really looked into this before, all I could really do is provide you with the sound files and leave you to figure it out on your own, and I don't really want to do that to you.
  • KaiketsuKaiketsu Member Posts: 38
    That wouldn't be a problem, mate. There's a TXT file detailing which letter coresponds to what command, I can change those manually.

If you could extract the files, I'd be grateful. :)