Skip to content

Claw of Kazgaroth

When you equip this cursed item your avatar becomes blurred. Now, my question is, does this mean that the character has the benefits of the wizard spell "Blur" on top of those benefits in the item description or is it simply a graphical effect and nothing more?

Comments

• toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Ah, alright, thanks a lot!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    A long while back there was a bug in BGEE where if you were wearing the claw and cast blur on you it wouldn't work. However, that has since been fixed.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @elminster Really? I don't remember that one... Or at least I think I don't...
    edited March 2015
    Tresset said:

@elminster Really? I don't remember that one... Or at least I think I don't...

Well I mean there have been a lot of bug reports over the last 2.5 years. I wouldn't expect someone to remember them all.

I do recall posting about it here having tested it beforehand.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/442010/#Comment_442010

Its possible I filled out an official bug report on it at some point but it would have been a long time ago.

Then again I suppose its also possible I'm senile. It wouldn't be the first time I misremembered something.

Wait...what is this place again?

:p
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @elminster Huh, interesting. I may have heard something about that, but is just sounds odd since I would think it would need a protection from spell opcode to do that. Also; I edited your post to remove that dopey s from the https in your link since it made my browser go bonkers.
    I recall thinking at the time it had something to do with them both using the blur opcode. I do recall it working if you cast Blur and then put the ring on, just not when you had the ring on and cast Blur.

But to be honest its been so long and whether it was an issue or not it doesn't matter anymore since it works :)