Skip to content

MOD so Cromwell does NOT take a day?

ImrahilImrahil Member Posts: 5
edited March 2015 in BGII:EE Mods
Is there a MOD or a simple setting in some .ini file I can modify so Cromwell does NOT take a whole day to craft something? I know that enough people wanted him to take a whole day that the old (pre-EE) G3 Fixpack had a component to make him take a whole day, but that now seems to be the default.

Is there a way to remove that change? Or did I accidently install a MOD that changed it?

With that said, it'd also be pretty awesome if you could make it so in-game he takes less than a day if you do certain things, like 1) pay him more money, to temporarily hire more apprentices, or 2) find him some apprentices (the Hilldarks for example), or 3) if it varied by who you had in your party (Korgan makes it go faster, maybe Aerie makes it go even slower, or CHARNAME has an effect, etc.).

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    You would have to edit a .bcs file to change this, which is not something I would recommend doing if you don't know your way around a .bcs file to begin with. I suppose I could look into it for you but there is a far easier way to avoid this (unless you play solo). All you have to do is leave a party member outside of Cromwell's forge and the rest should fail because the party is scattered.
    wubble
  • ImrahilImrahil Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for the "leave a party member outside" suggestion. I'll give that a shot. I have no faith in my "edit a .bcs" skills but I have faith in my "move party member" skills. :)
    Hmm, looks like doing the above this will still advance the time by (What is 4800 mean? how many hours be that? *grumble*) uh 16 hours(?), yeah...

Uhh, regardless, I made the mod you requested because it was very simple. Just extract the attached file into your override and there should be no rest or time advancement.
    Great! Thanks!
    In trying this out, I've noticed that my "Save Game Timestamp" & my "hover over the little clock in the left-hand bottom corner" times have become out of sync. Only by a few hours, but like if I save my game, it might say "Day 14, 4 hours", but my hover-over clock might say "Day 14, 14 hours", after Cromwell-ing some items.

They aren't far off, definitely not far enough off that one is registering the day & one isn't, they just don't quite match.

If you don't feel like looking into this, I completely understand. I already appreciate you making this MOD & it's great. I just figured I'd point it out, fwiw. :) I don't at all want to come across ungrateful, just pointing it out if you wanted feedback.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @Imrahil is this something that affects your gameplay, or is it an aesthetic thing? Not questioning the validity of your request, just curious about the reason behind it since there aren't many time-sensitive quests in Athkatla.
    @Imrahil That is a bug with the game and not my mod. I can guarantee you that the the file I attached would not have done that.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited November 2015
    joluv said:

@Imrahil is this something that affects your gameplay, or is it an aesthetic thing? Not questioning the validity of your request, just curious about the reason behind it since there aren't many time-sensitive quests in Athkatla.

I can see how it would impact immersion/roleplay for a lot of players, since a lot of protagonists would be motivated to avoid further delays getting to Spellhold to rescue Imoen (in spite of the fact the game plot handles this rather flatly - it makes absolutely no difference gamewise whether you take 2 weeks or 2 years to get there - a pretty gaping huge plot hole for an RPG)