Skip to content

What kind of kits (this is more regarding mod kits) would you like to see in the future?

13»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @Curmudgeon just reminded me that I should probably make a list of things that can't be done due to engine limitations...
  • CurmudgeonCurmudgeon Member Posts: 57
    @elminster Thanks for the quick reply. An impossible suggestion then.
    Yea unfortunately.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    elminster said:

Fardragon said:

Implement it as a sorcerer kit, but change the spell list from mage spells to ceric spells?

You might be able to do it but it would be a pretty complicated implementation if you want to be able to actually choose specific cleric spells. Also I'm not sure how you would block yourself from learning mage spells without also blocking a regular sorcerer from getting them. Frankly though for the amount of work that would be involved I could probably make 2-3 other kits.
    You will probally need to remake every single priest scroll with an arcane duplicate and give them a special flag to be favored soul only.

Also flag the class with never using armor by deafault, so spell limitations from armor.

To block favored soul of pick arcane original spells or casting them from scrolls, give all the original sorcerer spells (and wizard for scrolls) a flag to make them incompatible to favored soul (as if it's a new opposition school and all old sorcerer spells became flagged as opposed to this new school).

Remake the dragon disciple:

Can the fighter constitution table be given to them? With an -2 hp per level (as they have D6 dice roll)

Can they be modded to be allowed to use weapons allowed to thief at least?

That's all i need to feel the class playable a bit at least.

To counter these pros, seeing you already made DDs of each color, make each color of DD correspond to a mage specialization (black = necromancy, blue = abjuration, green = conjuration, red = evocation...), the list here is just a suggestion by the way. No bonus spell (after all the point of the class is the lost of spells per day) but the penality of being unnable to pick opposing schools on spell list.

Some will have to give up stoneskin, other will give up protection from magic/normal weapons and go on (i don't remember IWD mage spells in fact and i brought the game 3 days ago on steam, i'm remembering the spells of the atm).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I'd like to see a DrD warrior kit. Where you can't get more than ** in any weapon and are restricted to human/half-elf. Instead you get DrD type bonuses.

It'd let you play a magical and fighter variety. I'd be down for that, especially if the mod added in some extra dialogue when fighting the dragon in HoW. Perhaps some dragon racism of white trash talking reds.

---

Yeah, I'd so rock a party of dragon disciples that way.
    Sorry I'm an old man. What does DrD stand for now? (back in my day we didn't have so many initialisms to keep track of :p )
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    What about a demonic slaying fighter class that's not restricted to Paladins or a Ranger or class that's been given power by powerful dryads or nymphs creatures like that?

LIke the ranger would be something like Protector of the fairie folks?

It would get plus 1 to charisma at character creation. At certain levels it would gain charm people instead of charm animals. Eventually at higher levels be able to cast dire charm and domination. Also at higher levels he becomes immune to charm. It also be able to summon dryads and maybe make a greater dryad version for the ranger to be able to summon at high levels. Disadvantages could be like since the ranger keeps himself separated from society he is not able to use metal weapons and maybe has a strength or constitution penalty?
    edited May 2015
    Apparently @grum you meant dragon disciple. Like I said I'm an old man :p
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2015

The Tome & Blood mod adds in Dragon Disciples for every variant of chromatic and metallic dragons. It's pretty great. I don't think there's any way to restrict the spells available at level-up, though.

kamuizin said:

Can the fighter constitution table be given to them? With an -2 hp per level (as they have D6 dice roll)

I'm pretty sure this is impossible, and I'm not sure what you would gain by it, since using the warrior CON table will functionally equate to a straight +2 hp per level. Why not give them 1d4+2, using the non-warrior CON table? Wouldn't that get you the same scores as 1d6+[warrior bonuses]-2?
    kamuizin said:

Can they be modded to be allowed to use weapons allowed to thief at least?

You can allow ALL wizards to use thief weapons rather easily. Then you could make the DrD the only variant able to gain proficiency in those weapons. I think that would be close enough to what you're looking for.
    For Favored Soul:

I may be wrong but i believe the suggestion i gave to be very possible indeed, however would be a lot exaustive to do.

To make a Favored Soul all the divine spells would need to be recreated as arcane spells anyway. i had a very deep discussion about favored souls in this thread here. Also other related posts here and here.

For Dragon Disciple:

Dragon Disciples gain bonus constitution at each set of levels, so they would be able to acess 21 con just with the class (with the machine of Lum the Mad and the Hell Trial they can go for 24 con). However, any constitution bonus for 17+ is exclusive to warrior classes (fighters, monks, paladins, rangers, barbarians), anything else will never get any bonus past +2 life per level up (that's reached with 16 con). That's the reason of me asking for a specific health level up table for Dragon Disciple @subtledoctor.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    elminster said:

Vherdel said:

Deathstalker of Bhaal...
    But would'nt these be quite different from clerics?
    A deathstalker being able to use daggers and such for example, being more like assassins with some clerical ability?

This is the preliminary thing I have for it. Though to be honest none of this is programmed at all and it will be quite some time before I get around to it.

DEATHSTALKER OF BHAAL: A specialty priest of Bhaal; the Deathstalker is a cleric of the Lord of Murder who predominately works in rural areas. Deathstalker's of Bhaal are expected to kill once each tenday, resulting in them often working as assassins, bounty hunters, or mercenaries. Killings however are unlikely to be done indiscriminately. Instead they should be well planned affairs where the consequences of killing any particular target are well considered.

Advantages:

‒ Level 1: Can cast Ceremonial Dagger once per day.

CEREMONIAL DAGGER

By casting this spell the Deathstalker summons forth a dagger into their hand. The cleric is considered to be proficient with the dagger and the dagger itself is enchanted based on the clerics level.

Level 1-4: Normal weapon.
    Level 5-8: +1 weapon.
    Level 9-12: +2 weapon.
    Level 13-16. +3 weapon.
    Level 17-20: +4 weapon.
    Level 21-24: +5 weapon.
    Level 25+: +6 weapon.

It also has a 0.5% chance of killing a target for each level of the caster.

‒ Level 7: Can cast Finger of Death once per day.
    ‒ Level 9: Can cast Wound as a 5th level priest spell.

WOUND
    Sphere: Necromantic
    Range: 120 yards
    Duration: Instant
    Casting Time: 5
    Saving Throw: None

Casting this spell does 17 damage to a creature. Undead and Constructs are immune to this spell.

‒ Level 10: Can cast Dimension Door once per day.
    ‒ Level 11: Can summon an Aerial Servant once per day.

Disadvantages:

‒ Cannot use high level spells from the Creation or Divination spheres. This includes Blade Barrier, Farsight, and True Seeing.

Restrictions:

‒ Must be lawful evil
    ‒ Must have 12 constitution and 14 wisdom
    This seems like it'd be a very fun class to play!
    Hope to see it in action in the future.