Skip to content

Hard copies of EE

Sir Gareheart of ProcampurSir Gareheart of Procampur Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in New Members Welcome Area
Hey fellow D&D'ers. I have a couple of questions if you'd indulge me
Q#1 Where can I go to get a set of hard copies for this game? and by that I mean the Enhanced Edition.
My daughter crunched my original BG set but only disc #5 got cracked all the rest are fine.... which sucks because it crashes at the Baldur's Gate entrance.
Q#2 Does anyone know where I can get the .bin and .cue files for DISC#5 of the original BG set?
Any and all info appreciated :)
Thanks
P.S. Been playing D&D since 1977 and PC D&D since Pools of radiance. Wish they'd do a re-make of Menzoberranzan or Dark Sun. Heck re-make all the classics. lol
Post edited by Sir Gareheart of Procampur on
JuliusBorisovWithinAmnesialolien

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Amazon UK sell a hard copy (1 CD) of BG1EE (no BG2 yet) for £10.96.
    JuliusBorisovHaHaCharadelolien
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Outside of the boxed version @dunbar references on amazon.co.uk, I don't think there are boxed versions available. The EEs are downloaded from various online retailers, including Beamdog's own site, Steam, and GOG.

You can get a digital copy of the original BG from GOG for $10. No need for CDs.

http://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_the_original_saga

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    dunbar said:

Amazon UK sell a hard copy (1 CD) of BG1EE (no BG2 yet) for £10.96.

Interesting. I wonder why they decided just Amazon UK needed one? I also wonder which release it is (not that it wouldn't be fully patchable anyway).
  • Flyting_SkaldFlyting_Skald Member Posts: 11
    Depending where you live if you want hard copies of the game look for used game stores. In New Jersey we have Digital Press which has hundreds of old games.

I could have bought a collector's Edition of BG2 but I passed on it. Been kicking myself in the rear ever since.
    lolien
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    IIIRC I saw a copy of BG:EE at GameStop. :smile:
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Keep an eye on GOG.com. They frequently have sales on the D&D games and they can be super cheap.
    lolien