Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Viconia and Garren Windspear

ThesblahThesblah Member Posts: 56
edited March 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
1. Viconia's romance has ended before the Drow assassin is supposed to appear and attack her. It seems to have ended for no reason because I have been playing for hours, and she hasn't said a word. Is there any way I can fix this through the console?

2. I don't know if this is an error, but... I went back and killed Firkraag. When I went back to Garren Windspear, he still said the same line about being troubled. However, his daughter acknowledged that I killed Firkraag. I don't know if he is supposed to acknowledge that I killed Firkraag or not. If so, can I fix this in-game?

Thanks.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Thesblah
    I'm reasonably sure neither of these are an issue, explanations below. I'm going to tag this as not an issue for the time being.
    Thanks

I think Garren has one of these two lines.

Firkraag alive. Your honor and my child are restored. I thank you. The creature lives; I will not rest easy at night, but I have my child and I could not ask for more than that.

Firkraag dead. My heart is free, and I have you to thank. With the creature gone, my lands are free, and the dead that fell before you are avenged. I thank you as they would.

If you get the alive line, then go back to kill Firkraag you won't get the second line. After either of these lines it looks like you will get a standard "This matter has weighed heavily upon me, I fear. Thank you for your efforts in all things." which is a past tense.

The Viconia romance is likely to have ended but you'd need to know what "love talk" variables are set and what they could be changed back to. This link should help you work out where the issue is and what you can do.
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=310.0
  • ThesblahThesblah Member Posts: 56
    Thank you for the response!

My biggest concern with the Garren Windspear situation is whether I lost out on potential exp by not killing Firkraag when I freed his daughter, but oh well. It appears he will always say the line, "This matter has weighed heavily upon me, I fear." regardless of whether you return and kill Firkraag on a later date.

Regarding Viconia, my last "love talk" that I had with her was #68. I'll check what variable she is on currently. I'm reading through that link and seeing if I can prompt the love talk #70 dialogue so that I can set her back on track. I'm not sure how or why she broke. I'm not sure it's fixable.