Skip to content

Romance with Viconia De Vir in BG2 EE.

Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
Hello all, I have a question, you should be evil alignment, to do romance with Viconia De Vir in BG2 EE? Or there is any kind of restrictions?
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited March 2015
    You must be male and you cannot be an elf to romance Viconia. You can convince her to change her alignment in ToB, or so I hear...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    You have to be a male human, half-elf, halfling, or half-orc. No alignment restrictions.
    JuliusBorisov
    Doesn't like dwarves or gnomes either huh?
    JuliusBorisov
    None of the Bioware love interests like dwarves or gnomes. Except Aerie; she'll romance male gnomes.
    TressetCaptRoryJuliusBorisov
    @Jalily That is bizarre! Why the heck did they do that?
    Aerie? Probably because she was raised by Quayle.

As for the rest, um, discrimination? :P Viconia's also the only Bioware love interest who's into half-orcs.
    TressetCaptRoryJuliusBorisov
    Huh. Makes me really appreciate that the EE NPCs are don't do racial discrimination... or do they?
    They don't.
    CaptRoryJuliusBorisov
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252

Hello all, I have a question, you should be evil alignment, to do romance with Viconia De Vir in BG2 EE? Or there is any kind of restrictions?
    Thank you in advance.

Human, Half-Orc, Half-Elf, Halfling for races. There are no alignment restrictions, but she will leave the party if your reputation hits 19 or 20.

Also, you can use BG2 Tweaks (Romance Cheats option) to remove any restrictions from any of the original game romances. So if you want to be a dwarf or an elf and want the romance, you do have the option.

<3 Modders. They cover all our bases.
    Ravenslight
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I always like romancing Viconia with a human paladin. It's the ultimate story of love and redemption! <3
    Ravenslight
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    Although it's not my thing, I love that Dorn is on every single list. He's the Red Viper of Amn!
    XeZeLCaptRoryfrancis369
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Mykra said:

Although it's not my thing, I love that Dorn is on every single list. He's the Red Viper of Amn!

When one's got Dorn's looks, one can't afford to be picky.
    CaptRory
  • reap_iireap_ii Member Posts: 43
    Interesting that halflings are most popular male. Guess size doesnt matter in forgotten realms.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Quite to the contrary - halflings are the only shorties who don't come up short where it counts~
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    It is kinda weird that Viconia doesn't romance elves considering that her romance plays out like a love-hate relationship anyway.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2015
    Tresset said:

Huh. Makes me really appreciate that the EE NPCs are don't do racial discrimination... or do they?

Racism is a thing in the Realms. It's lore accurate.
    Drow hate elves with a passion for thousands of years. Elves hate Drow as well.

Such preferences are more believable and immersive.
    Though why would a Drow like a Halfling is strange. Perhaps for their culture and cunning, I guess.

She is also the only vanilla romance that appreciates Half-Orcs. Because Drow are attracted to power and intimidation.

I am not a fan of the mainstream way to do romances where everyone likes everyone and they are all bisexual.
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    I am not sure how any evil character could enter into a romance with an NPC: evil people do not romance.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2015
    xscott71x said:

I am not sure how any evil character could enter into a romance with an NPC: evil people do not romance.

Nooope.

To elaborate: Sarevok had Tamoko. Irenicus had Ellesime. Even Belial and Fierna (Duke of Hell) and Asmodeus (Lord of the Ninth and King of the Nine Hells) had a wife.

If we go there, even Hitler had a wife.
    CaptRoryHeindrichDJKajuru
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Alignment is a lot more complicated than what is noted on your character sheet.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    xscott71x said:

Well "romance" doesn't necessarily need to mean love, even if you assume that a truly evil character is incapable of love. (I don't take that view personally.)

It could just be lust, or the political/economic benefits of a relationship.