Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: The Next Generation

Let's try something different: design a character that is the offspring of your "prime" Bhaalspawn and his/her romance option (canonical or mod NPC, whatever works for you).

I'll start:

Zinnakhan: Half-Orc Blackguard
Daughter of Selene (elf sorceress) and Dorn il-Khan

Zinnakhan's conception was an accident, her survival a trick of fate. Mere days before her birth, Selene was forced to kill Dorn during their final escape from Luskan; the infant resurfaced a month later in Waterdeep, under the protection of Selene's longtime ally Viconia deVir. Of the Last Bhaalspawn herself, nothing more was ever told.

Viconia raised Zinnakhan alongside her Sharran followers, until betrayal forced the priestess to slaughter the entire cult. In the chaos that followed, the half-orc was separated from her caretaker, and might have died in the wilderness if she had not been approached by a demon who claimed to have known her father...
BlackravenTressetLuremasterRavenslightKamigoroshiAnduinArdulNonnahswriterFina92

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    That's a beautiful idea, and an interesting offspring. I'll be back with a creation of my own :)
    Ravenslightshawne
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    isn't she technically a quarter-orc though?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I'm always a female elf, and always romancing females.

Copious magic must be involved in conceiving our little Bhaalspawn-spawn.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Jerro: Elome (Elf + Gnome)
    Parents : Jan Jansen and Bhaalspawn Sol
    Delvarian
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    edited March 2015

is your charname a mage/sorcerer? if so: summon sperm donor (conjuration/summoning, duration 5 minutes).

if you're a male and romancing dorn: summon surrogate mother (conjuration/summoning, duration 9 months and 5 minutes)

edit: if you're having a child with dorn: summon therapist (conjuration/summoning, duration the rest of your freaking life)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    After Gorion's ward ascended to god hood, his followers went their separate ways. Keldorn And Anomen returned to Athkatla in service to the order. Imoen retreated to Candlekeep to find the solace and solitude she craved since leaving. Mazzy returned to Trademeet to be with her family and finally mourn the loss of Patrick.

And Aerie, was lost. With a winged half-elven child in tow, she had no home. She feared returning to the circus due to the torture that she went through when she had wings. She could not see her child locked in a cage to be mocked and ridiculed as she had. She knew he had to be free. She did however reach out to her mentor Quayle in a letter asking for guidance or help. He was a wise man and knew many people who maybe able to help her find a place to settle, to teach her child how to fly and grow and maybe one day, return to her people.

It might have been a peaceful life if the letter she sent wasn't intercepted. Fanatics of the dead God Bhaal still held up hope. This child, born from the usurper may have Bhaal's essence still pulsing through his veins. That essence would need guidance, would need to be controlled and tamed to bring their God back to his rightful throne.

So a plan was hatched, an ambush was set and the child was stolen away after an epic battle that saw many of the child's captures lie dead along with Quayle. Grief stricken, Aerie slowly descended into madness. After losing everything she held dear, her home, her family, her freedom, her wings, her lover, her mentor, her son and only child she disappeared into the mass of people in one of the Sword's Coast great cities.

And the child was raised in his Grandfather's name. He was isolated in secrecy as he was trained what pain and death meant. How to kill, quick and suddenly, or slow and painfully. He was told about his throne. He was told, that those that taught him, guided him to the seat that belong to him. They worshiped him and he needed to rise to the heavens, in his grandfather's name and bring balance of the cosmos back.

He did fulfill his mother's wish though. He did return to her people and left them in ruin. A conqueror. A general.

An angel of death.
    shawne
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited March 2015
    simples said:

isn't she technically a quarter-orc though?

Eh, I'm okay with the idea that Bhaalspawn, like Bhaal himself, don't pass on their racial markers to their children. A child with Anomen would be fully human, a child with Aerie would be fully Avariel, a child with Viconia would be fully drow, etc.

Well... :)
    wubbleNonnahswriter
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    shawne said:

Let's try something different: design a character that is the offspring of your "prime" Bhaalspawn and his/her romance option (canonical or mod NPC, whatever works for you).

In my most recent playthrough, an unlikely romance formed between my barbarian charname,
    and Ajantis.

So what do you get when you cross a barbarian with a paladin?

I figure, a ranger.

wubbleshawneNonnahswriter
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Aerie had two children. Her son Quayle, and then a daughter she named Fay. Half-Avariel children do not have wings but since Aerie had long grown to accept her flightlessness as being a part of her identity and what made her who she was, so she was happy to raise them as half-elves. Except that she didn't.

After losing their father in an accident, Aerie settled her family. But the young mother was still driven by her desire to explore and travel further than any avariel, or anyone, had travelled before and uncovering whatever secrets she could find there. By the time her children reached their teens, they had begun to resent the fact that their parent was absent for so much of their lives (not to mention Fay was getting mildly annoyed that people kept thinking her mother was actually her sister).

Quayle took more after his mother, inheriting her curiosity about the world and desire to understand why and how things happened or worked. He was also inspired by much of the gnomish culture he was exposed to, becoming a mage and a tinkerer. Fay meanwhile, ended taking more after her godmother, Aunty Imoen, who did visit them regularly and encouraged the girl's predisposition to get into mischief. Although she was also somewhat musically and magically gifted, ultimately becoming a bard.

MhamzawubbleshawneNonnahswriter