Skip to content

Underdark Loot (I don't want to miss it!)

So I've been playing my Avenger(/Fighter) and found myself in the awkward position of being mid Underdark and wanting to dual class without my deck of many things to ease the transition (as I didn't have inventory space for it and didn't realise I'd get so much xp).

I'm considering completely skipping Ust Natha but I'm not sure if there's any important loot that I need.

I've finished the Kuo Toa area for the important items there. Is there anything else of interest in the Underdark for an a Druid/Fighter?

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    There's a good returning throwing dagger for sale in Ust Natha that might interest you (unless you're fine with darts or no ranged weaponry), and a necklace that gives 10% MR, which one of your party members might have use for, supposing you're playing with a party. If not, you might stick to the Amulet of Power.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

There's a good returning throwing dagger for sale in Ust Natha that might interest you (unless you're fine with darts or no ranged weaponry), and a necklace that gives 10% MR, which one of your party members might have use for, supposing you're playing with a party. If not, you might stick to the Amulet of Power.

Playing solo. Dagger might have been useful but no big deal. Thanks for filling me in.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Don't forget you can buy several Potions of Magic Protection and Potions of Magic Shielding in Ust Natha at the city entrance. The Sentinel is also available there, though not everybody cares much about extra AC.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Spear of Withering, Staff of Earth, Staff of Command, Greenstone Amulet ... yeah, there's loads of stuff in the Underdark (in Ust Natha, and in the Illithid and Beholder lairs) which is likely to be very useful to an Avenger (or an Avenger->Fighter). And shedloads of XP and saleable loot.

@Wowo - maybe I'm being dim, but why is the Deck of Many Things relevant to your situation?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @Gallowglass The Throne card gives you 1,000,000 exp., so it can be nice for leveling up fast after dual classing.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited March 2015
    Ah, yes, @joluv, I see the point now, thanks. I'd forgotten about that one because I never seek that option from the Deck myself (since I'll get the XP by the end anyway), so instead I prefer to use the third draw from the Deck to get +10 HP for one of the squishier characters in my party. However, since @Wowo is soloing, I guess the XP option is better than the HP option.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @Gallowglass I'm totally with you on going for Moon over Throne. Experience is a lot easier to come by than spare hit points, especially if you're soloing. I also think that "Uh-oh, now I'm Level 1 in the Underdark" is a fun aspect of dual-classing. But yeah, I can understand why @Wowo would want Avenger levels back fast.