Skip to content

Racially Diverse Druids

"Thanks to the 1.4 Update, you can now play the elven druid you've always dreamed of. Elves may now select the Druid class during character creation."

Just saw that on the beamblog. So that's cool, new features in patches. Now where are our dual classable sorcerors? :)

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Personally I'd rather have half-orc wizards here. :relaxed:

It's a nice change for elven players, I suppose. Though I'm more curious as to *why* exactly this was changed. After all only Sylvan elves in AD&D are able to become druids, not Moon elves as presented in Icewind Dale. However... one thing I noticed with the new 1.4 update was that, while elves can now become druids, they are still unable to choose the Fighter/Druid multi-class. Am I the only one who thinks this somehow doesn't make sense?
  • reivisionreivision Member Posts: 21
    I'm pretty sure it was that way in the original IWD game (elves can be single class Druids but not multi Druids). At least, that's what I remember one of the devs mentioning somewhere here on the forums.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes, the original Icewind allowed elven druids, but not elven fighter/druids.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Also: a Halfling can be a Fighter or a Cleric but not a Fighter/Cleric. I suppose that's a way to keep Half-Elves appealing.

Now if only Elves could be Bards...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Kilivitz said:

Also: a Halfling can be a Fighter or a Cleric but not a Fighter/Cleric. I suppose that's a way to keep Half-Elves appealing.

Now if only Elves could be Bards...

3E to the rescue... I loved the classing capabilitiing in NWN
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Just wanted to say that http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/ gives you such components as:

- Alter Multiclass Restrictions
    - Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes
    - Alter Dual-class Restrictions
    - Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits

This mod works on IWDEE just fine.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2015
    It might be an exception or some strange rule in ADnD where Elves can be Druids but not multiclass or whatever.

But there's an Elven Druid in ADnD. Which is Chaotic Neutral on top.
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Aerilaya

So I welcome this change.