Skip to content

Neera's ToB quest not triggering

I'm not sure whether I've hit a bug or just remarkably bad luck, but I'll post it and await advice ...

Observed: on several previous runs through ToB, Neera's quest always triggered (i.e. we have the dialogue about Jerome) pretty quickly, usually the first time I visited the North Forest. In my current run, that happened again as usual, BUT then I re-loaded (for unconnected reasons) to a point just before first going to the North Forest, and this time Neera's quest didn't trigger when I went there. I've played on and cleared the whole of WK since that point, visiting Karthis in the North Forest several times to sell loot, a couple of weeks of in-game time has passed, a week or so of real time has passed, a good many hours of playing time has passed ... and still Neera's quest hasn't triggered. It's taking so extremely long, compared to every other time, that I'm worried that something has gone wrong.

Expected: Neera's quest to trigger fairly consistently, i.e. very soon after first visiting an area outside Saradush with Neera in the party.

Question: What variables should I check in EEkeeper? What values ought I to be seeing?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Check her local variable OHN_BIRD_TALK and try a value of 1 @Gallowglass
    JuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I wondered if that one might have something to do with it, @Gate70.

OHN_BIRD_TALK = 1 now, and has done so since I first visited the North Forest ... but no talk about Jerome has occurred and no quest has appeared in the journal.
    OK @Gallowglass set that to 0 instead, and set the global OHN_TOB_PLOT to 0. Both are required.
    Cheers
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks, @Gate70.

I can see that OHN_BIRD_TALK is a Neera-local because it already exists, but it looks like OHN_TOB_PLOT doesn't yet exist.

Should I be creating OHN_TOB_PLOT as a Neera-local, or as a global?
    JuliusBorisov
    It should be a global, if it doesn't exist that is the same as 0. So set the local variable to 0 and see if her dialogue fires (you will need to be somewhere like outside Watchers Keep)
    JuliusBorisov
    Ah, okay. Thanks again, @Gate70. I'll give it a go shortly, and report back here.
    JuliusBorisov
    Excellent, @Gate70! The Jerome dialogue instantly triggered when I zeroed OHN_BIRD_TALK.

OHN_BIRD_TALK went to 3, OHN_TOB_PLOT was created and set to 1, the journal now shows the quest, and the world map now shows the Clearing. So I guess now I'm back on track.

Nevertheless, there's got to be some sort of bug causing this issue, since a manual reset of OHN_BIRD_TALK obviously shouldn't have been necessary.
    JuliusBorisov
    That value indicates the script fired but the dialogue hadn't triggered. Don't suppose anyone was deafened or silenced...
    edited March 2015
    Gate70 said:

Don't suppose anyone was deafened or silenced...

No.

However, it seems to me significant that when I first tried going to the North Forest from the pocket plane, the quest triggered, but then I reloaded (because I'd accidentally clicked the wrong button while browsing in Karthis's store, and wasted a pile of gold) to just before leaving the pocket plane. When I replayed that first visit to the North Forest is when the trigger failed. I therefore suspect that reloading is what caused the problem - perhaps the reload somehow failed to remove OHN_BIRD_TALK? I guess that'd cause the observed symptoms.