Skip to content

Wand of Lightning does not work

I have 2 wild mages and wand of lightning does not work. It did not work in BG1 either. I tried using it indoors and out, but it won't click on a target. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Are you sure that the item has charges left on it?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

Are you sure that the item has charges left on it?

Wands disappear at 0 charges.

That wand should work the same as other wands, click on it and then click on a target.

If you can use a Wand of Missiles (for example) but the Wand of Lightning doesn't work then must be some problem.

What platform?
    What mods?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    If you think this is a bug, please upload your save and I'll move this to the bug reporting section.
  • ElfieElfie Member Posts: 61
    One wand of lightning has 10 and the other 7 charges. I have no mods. I am using Steam enriched. In have Windows 7 64 bit. The icon appears but when I try to attach it to the enemy it won't respond. How do I upload my save? Thank you
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited March 2015
    Elfie said:

One wand of lightning has 10 and the other 7 charges. I have no mods. I am using Steam enriched. In have Windows 7 64 bit. The icon appears but when I try to attach it to the enemy it won't respond. How do I upload my save? Thank you

Keep in mind Wands of Lightning work differently in BG2. Instead of just firing one bolt they instead can select up to 6 targets.
    Okay, I'll try to select multiple targets.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You can also select the same target multiple times.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    elminster said:

Elfie said:

Keep in mind Wands of Lightning work differently in BG2. Instead of just firing one bolt they instead can select up to 6 targets.
    You have to click on 6 things before the wand will activate. Not a bug.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Are you playng on tablet or Ipad? On pc the mouse cursor shows the number of clicks left to activate the wand, you need to click 6 times (either different targets, or the same target) to target each 6 seperate lighting bolts.
    And yes it is a pain to count the number of clicks left on Ipad.
    I'm using a mouse. I'm indoors now but will try when I go outside.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Tresset said:

elminster said:

Elfie said:

You have to click on 6 things before the wand will activate. Not a bug.
    O_O
    I always wondered why it didn't work. I had this problem to. Never really like lightning anyway tho.
    Okay, I clicked it on six times indoors (so I guess that is how it will work outside too) and it worked. Thanks everyone!!!