Skip to content

Sarevok Redemption

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
I heard that it is possible to redeem Sarevok. I'm about to hit Sendai and Abzigail, but I've gotten no banters with Sarevok. As a note, I didn't make him swear an oath.

Is there anything that must be done?

Comments

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Usually, the banters are random and I believe the original dialogue is bugged, not sure if it's fixed in BG2EE.

Although, in Ascension it has been fully fixed and you get the dialogues when you have to.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Have you got cheats enabled?
    Try holding ctrl+I to activate banters, Sarevok's banter should appear .
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Sadly I play on the iphone. Meaning no cheating allowed. Which kinda sucks, as I was hoping to see the redemption with my paladin play through. Thanks though.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Yea I recently played through ToB with Sarevok and even I had to end up using cheats to get the dialogue to start. You might be able to get away with it if you leave you phone on with the game running for awhile. But besides that I'm not sure what you can otherwise do.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    I wonder if it would be possible to mod in a shorter banter interval... That may be hardcoded though...
    Looks like you can mod this by messing with Banttimg.2da. Not sure what I am looking at though...
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @Tresset - BG2Tweaks modifies the banter speed/frequency.
    @ScotGaymer That's nice, but I prefer to do things myself. Not everyone wants to or is able to use a more complex mod for this stuff. iPads are usually jailbroken by weidu mods so that would not be an option for @Grum here. I just need to figure out this .2da and I will be set. @Jalily do you know what I am looking at here?
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    My point was if you look at how the mod does it it might help you?

But okay.

My point was if you look at how the mod does it it might help you?

But okay.

@ScotGaymer Oh..... Yeah I totally missed that...

• MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    I'm having the same problem, actually; and the CTRL + I cheatkey isn't working either, unfortunately, since it made his first banter happen but none of the others will go. Does anyone happen to know if there's a variable I can modify or something to set the the others off?
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    The banters seem to trigger after the various encounters with the five if that helps.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    Iirc in the original game... not sure on beam or player modded. .. when he starts his banter you have to play along. He does come around. Just like viconia changes alignment in SoA.

Be cool hunny bunny.
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    In fact, seems the most recent patch that came out with SoD fixed this issue, at least on my end!