Skip to content

A few more things I noticed in this patch

I have lost myself in the grand world of Bg2 for the last few days. With scs, item randomiser, and my own custom spells, edits to areas/creatures etc. (I add many tougher monsters to nearly every area and also added many random treasures as well as adding some ice spells from iwd) I have once again believed that the modded bg2:ee is the most immersive, fun, and grand game ever. Yep, having a blast playing a semi-iron man approach, lost Minsc and Jaheira permanently already, so I am trying out new npcs and seeing new dialogues/interjections as well. Was shocked to have my Ipad run out of battery and close itself in the middle of gameplay, I was so immersed I did not notice I was playing for hours!

Anyway, a few things I noticed with the latest patch:

-What's with the casting glow animations? Compared to original and previous patches they seem wrong. They continue for one or two more frames after the casting is finished, always. Timing seems to be off, but I have no idea why. Also, when a creature is slowed or hasted, casting animations also are affected by this, and the continuing animations (like a globe of invulnerability) on that creature are also hasted/slowed. Looks weird. Is this an intended, new and cool feature?

-I liked how in the previous patches, when a monster resisted some damage it showed the exact amount resisted in parenthesis. Like, when you do 10 cold damage to a creature with %50 cold resist, you would see 'x did 5 damage to y (10-5)' this was a very cool feature for me, so I could see certain creature's defenses against common damage types. It also worked on piercing, cutting, and impact damage as well. Was a very useful feature. Now it is gone. Can it be enabled via baldur.ini?

-I hate I have to tap on the dialogue option and then tap continue to progress the dialogue. I was used to old style. Luckily I was able to disable this 'have to choose the dialogue option first and then tap continue' feature via baldur.ini. Don't lose this option or make it available on options menu, it saves thousands of needless clicks/taps in a full play-through.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    lunar said:

-What's with the casting glow animations? Compared to original and previous patches they seem wrong. They continue for one or two more frames after the casting is finished, always. Timing seems to be off, but I have no idea why. Also, when a creature is slowed or hasted, casting animations also are affected by this, and the continuing animations (like a globe of invulnerability) on that creature are also hasted/slowed. Looks weird. Is this an intended, new and cool feature?

They probably inadvertently broke it when they slowed casting animations for the slow effect. I will report it just to make sure it is known... later.
    lunar said:

-I liked how in the previous patches, when a monster resisted some damage it showed the exact amount resisted in parenthesis. Like, when you do 10 cold damage to a creature with %50 cold resist, you would see 'x did 5 damage to y (10-5)' this was a very cool feature for me, so I could see certain creature's defenses against common damage types. It also worked on piercing, cutting, and impact damage as well. Was a very useful feature. Now it is gone. Can it be enabled via baldur.ini?

Also likely a bug. I reported it but am not sure it is on the official tracker yet. I may have to poke my buddies Gate or Troodon so that it can be taken care of.