Skip to content

Dynaheir quests.. bugged?

Hello,

I was playing Baldur's Gate (first ever playthrough) and I really enjoy this game but something extremly strange happened.

So I accepted Minsc quest to rescue Dynaheir, but then I also accepted Edwin quest to kill her. I thought that I will be able to choose once I meet her and just screw up Edwin or something. I also got gnoll quest to rescue some woman in the keep (I assume it's the same person).

I went to rescue her, but nothing happened after conversation (no dialogue options at all), so I came back and took Minsc with me. This time I had dialogue options. I cut off Minsc and Dynaheir because I assumed that quest is completed and left them at the keep (they already did make a pair). But then I realized quest is not completed, so I went back there (again) and tried to recruit both of them, as I said, they were already a pair because I only had dialogue options with Dynaheir and they both joined me at the same time. But then Minsc said that I did not keep my promise to rescue Dynaheir and attacked me.. I had to kill him and Dynaheir just compliment me.

Wtf?

I then took her back to the city and even attached Edwin to the team.. nothing bad happened.

So I have no idea what's going on and how to complete my Minsc quests (and stop him from attacking me).

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    That quest always seemed a bit messy to me.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Did you have Minsc in your party when you rescued Dynaheir? That may be the source of the issue. But it definitely sounds like a bug. The only fix I can see is reloading from before you accepted their quests or giving up Minsc.
    The way to get all three is to completely ignore Edwin until you return to Nashkel, then talk to him with Minsc and Dynaheir in your party. Otherwise, you have to choose.
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    Or use cheat mode, when Minsc attacks, press Ctrl+Q to make him join your team. Think, that might help, but not sure of latest bugs
  • FTRFTR Member Posts: 6
    No I haven't Minsc with me when I first time met Dynaheir. :(

Well too bad because I don't have saves from time before I accepted those quests (that was long time ago anyway). I may try using that cheat later, how do I activate cheats?
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    LOL You chose an interesting order in which to accomplish that questline. Don't worry about it. Minsc really comes alive in BG2. In BG1 if you cleared out a couple sections of the map with him you've heard pretty much everything he has to say in that game.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    To stop Minsc form attacking you simply need to enter the following code into your console (case sensitive):

C:SetGlobal("HelpMinsc","GLOBAL",2)
  • FTRFTR Member Posts: 6
    Ok so I tried cheat. It successfully calmed down Minsc but it didn't help me to complete my quest. Both Minsc and Dynaheir are at Nashkel and quest is still not completed.