Skip to content

Mega PRO micro and pause options.

SO for those o fyou who do th extensive micro during the games with 4+ chracters.

Which autopause options do you have? Do you autopause spell cast?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I use:

1) Traps Found
    2) Enemy Sighted
    3) Spell Cast
    4) Target Destroyed
    5) Weapon Unusable (useful if you use Minute Meteors a lot).
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    edited March 2015
    I don't play with auto pause at all, but I do use it a lot manually.

There's usually a lot of micro in my fights (though not as much as their could be), but it's all fairly routine by now. Pick the most important target, interrupt spellcasters, move out of spell area effects, etc. I also tend to know where I'll face enemies so no need for "enemy sighted" pauses or anything.

I guess I've played this game too often...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    I just powerhouse with my modded mage and instant kill anything. It's all good no need to pause.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I try to keep it at a minimum, but since I tend to forget and since I try to not meta-game too much (not buffing before encounters my party should not be aware of), I mostly use:

1) Traps Found
    2) Enemy Sighted

Sometimes, depending on the situation, I add:

3) Spell Cast

Since it's crucial to get those first couple of spells out perfectly, interrupting enemy spellcasters and buffing my own team and/or summoning meat sheilds.
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    When I'm playing... or, rather... because I'm playing "Dead is Dead", the "Enemy Sighted" option is crucial.

But, to be completely honest, it feels like cheating.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Character injured is a must for me. Spell cast is checked only after I start abusing Improved Alacrity, otherwise it becomes too much of a hassle.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Heindrich said:

I use:

1) Traps Found
    2) Enemy Sighted
    3) Spell Cast
    4) Target Destroyed
    5) Weapon Unusable (useful if you use Minute Meteors a lot).

You should use Character Injured as well. It only triggers if a character gets down to 30% of their hitpoints, so it can come in very handy at times.

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    1. Character Death
    2. Weapon Unusable
    3. Character Injured
    4. Target Destroyed (less time spent standing around doing nothing after a kill = more time attacking a new target)
    5. Enemy Sighted
    6. Trap Found
    7. Spell Cast (very good for Improved Alacrity, every millisecond counts when casting time is reduced via the Robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power)
  • Max_DamageMax_Damage Member Posts: 48
    I wish they improved pause system. Quite often when you want to pause, the game pauses milisecond before and you actually un-pause. Makes you lose a second of time.