Skip to content

#12110 Kangaxx should not be invincible in normal form

3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
edited March 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
[Windows][Beamdog][BG2:EE 1.3.2064][no mods installed][60 frames per second][insane difficulty]
[My system:][Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3][4 GB RAM][1920*1080/32-bit colours][i7-3770K][Radeon 6670]

When starting a battle with Kangaxx, sometimes it can't be killed. It doesn't switch to demi-lich form no matter how much damage it is dealt. I've fought Kangaxx three times in the 1.3.2064 patch, and it has happened once for me.

Others have experienced this too:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40121/kangaxx#latest

I've tried many things in this state, spells, taking a break with attacks then starting again, leaving the area, then coming back, saving, exiting the game then returning, and other things, nothing helps, you can deal 1000+ damage and it still won't switch to demi-lich.

I don't know what triggers this "bugged state".

Save game attached; saved after Kangaxx entered the "bugged state", then I left the tomb, rested the party and came back.

http://youtu.be/-LsIflvuOU0
Post edited by 3leeTbger on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    The script for changing lich Kangaxx into the demilich is known to have some issues. Try the attached save or use the console commandC:SetGlobal("KangaxxHurt","LOCALS",0)to reset his variable. The mouse cursor must be placed over Kangaxx to have any effect.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Tagged, thanks
    (not particularly easy to reproduce - I think my repro case is OK and fairly sure I can see what is happening)
  • 3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    Thx for the info, that command line worked.

It would be nice if this (seemingly once-in-a-while randomly occurring) bugged state could be fixed.

Perhaps a small hint to its trigger:

The only thing I remember doing differently than my usual Kangaxx fights, when this bug occurred, was to use the

"Protection From Undead" scroll

on my main char just before the fight. Maybe that's the trigger, I might test it sometime.

Post edited by 3leeTbger on
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    It happened in current play through with v 1.3. Has never happen before with BG2 or EE 1.2

I simply reloaded and re-began the fight with Kangaxx.

It did happen more than once, about every third time.

Thanks for upgrading this outstanding game!