Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Should a first time player use SCS mod to play?

like00111like00111 Member Posts: 5
So I have been on and off on getting into baldurs gate, and have finally gotten the time to delve into it full swing. While doing some research I had found the SCS mod and figured it sounded like it helped out the game big time and installed it.
But while playing I feel like it changes some things... IE; characters you meet, most noticeably your first two companions you meet at the inn... Have I just mistaken or does it actually change big things like this?

Should a first time play thorougher use this mod?

Comments

• AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    SCS has an extensive readme.
    Basically it changes enemy behaviour (smarter and a bit better equipped) and some game mechanics. It doesn’t touch the plot contents. :)

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 19,722
    I definitely advice to go through your first Baldur's Gate run without any mods.

Also, don't use any playthroughs. Enjoy everything as it is. Find out yourself!

YamchamlnevesewoowoovoodooArdul
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 11,466
    Absolutely not.

SCS is very specifically design for a particular kind of player that already knows every nook and cranny of the game, and uses that omniscience against the AI.

The game stands on its own. Play normally, maybe use some 'variety' mods (kits, NPCs), but you should start using SCS or tweak mods until you're affirmatively bored with the game and want to change the *gameplay.*

woowoovoodoo
  • like00111like00111 Member Posts: 5
    Awesome guys, thanks for all the insight on the mod and suggestions! I have uninstalled it!

JuliusBorisovFeilhäven