Skip to content

Odd Edwin Conversation.

GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
This is nothing major, and isn't strictly a bug as such, but I wasn't really sure where else to post it.

The initial conversation when you first meet Edwin in Mae'Vars guild house doesn't work very well if you have Neera in your party, it just isn't organic for lack of a better word.

Let me explain, when you first talk to him, there is a lengthy banter between him and Neera, during which he talks to you by your name, whilst berating you for still travelling with Neera. He obviously remembers you from BG1.

However, after the banter between Edwin and Neera, the original normal dialogue starts where he refers to you by race and introduces himself "You there Dwarf, you seem to be in charge, I am Edwin Odesseiron" Or something along those lines. However given the previous converstation, the dialogue options that follow dont make much sense, for example:

"Don't you recognize me Edwin? Its < Charname >".

He has just been talking to you like an old acquaintance, I'm pretty sure he recognizes me.

Like I said its nothing major, and the conversation feels fine without Neera. But that Neera/Edwin interaction makes it feel unnatural.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    He is being a jerk obviously... Sounds just like him...

I am moving this out of the bug section because this is not a bug.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    A ton of things break continuity.
    "Why do I start with Jaheira and Minsc if I never met them?"

That conversation is there so that people that talk to Edwin, probably met him before, even by accident.
    Another explanation would because he scried on you during your travels so he knows a few stuff.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Archaos said:

A ton of things break continuity.
    "Why do I start with Jaheira and Minsc if I never met them?"

That conversation is there so that people that talk to Edwin, probably met him before, even by accident.
    Another explanation would because he scried on you during your travels so he knows a few stuff.

Except that scrying spells are divination spells which Edwin can't do since he is a conjurer.. :smiley: