Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of ONE MILLION visions"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    @lroumen

Warning! In my set-up at least there is no reputation boost for helping Mirianne!! [I presume that's who you mean]
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2022
    I recall you get +1. But thanks!

Indeed, I checked Dudleyville and you are correct
    Post edited by lroumen on
    @lroumen I believe that you used to get +1 but no more. With the mods I have there are more ways of raising rep than I require. It means that every game is different.

Have you returned the Colquetle amulet? I have only just discovered that one. It is new with EE.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    Colquetle is +1 or -1 rep, with the same XP either way. It's actually one of the best ways to slightly lower reputation if you want that. Mirianne is a ring of protection but no rep change.
    At least, that's the way things are in vanilla BGEE.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    Trio 47 ([Part 1 2)
    Pyre - human dragon disciple (Gate70)
    Coredruid - half-elf fighter / druid (Corey_Russell)
    Surety - elf enchanter (Grond0)

We had a good meander around today. A pair of battle horrors were blinded before entering Durlags Tower at which point uncertainty about our plan arose. Did any of us have enough hitpoints to guarantee surviving an unavoidable trap. So we killed Riggilo after releasing a succubus, and a pair of ghasts. This was enough for the three of us to level up.

Safe in the knowledge that we'd survive the trap we all stepped across it, protected against petrification and battled a basilisk before proceeding to the roof and dealing with three greater basilisks. Coredruid protected himself against fire and cold before getting the +2 scimitar we had travelled so far to obtain. In total this took 20 minutes of our 2 hour session.

Another 5 minutes was required to obtain gauntlets of weapon expertise from Meilum and then we picked up a ring of fire resistance and Samuel. We headed north, stopping off in Beregost to eliminate a blinded Silke. Pyre then forgot about Samuel and went to pick up a +2 dagger belonging to the Revenant. He remembered after resting, but it was too late for Samuel according to Gellana.

We dealt with half ogres so Bjornin could give Coredruid a +1 shield, dealt with spiders in Beregost and then cleared Mutamin and his basilisks out. Kirian's gang benefitted from a dialogue error meaning a blinded Lindin and Peter made their escape before we could stop them. Baerin and Kirian were not so lucky.

Rufie was returned to his master, bracers from Zal and Vax were of no use to us, a tome (charisma) was retrieved from near the gnoll fortress for Surety, and as well as killing a polar bear we opted to help Laurel with gibberlings and kill off ogres holding a bridge, although their accompanying hobgoblins did slightly poison Pyre.

The Doomsayer was blinded, magic missiled and generally bashed about before we cadged a lift back to Nashkel with Captain Brage. Retracing our steps somewhat saw us de-petrify Tamah and return a drowned cat to a grateful child. With that done we killed a trio of worgs for Ardrouine and decided we had no safe way to deal with sirines as the potion of clarity remains in Candlekeep. Surety was convinced we should proceed with the use of webs and elven charm resistance but Pyre felt "relatively immune to charm" was asking for trouble.

So instead we headed for Bassilus, resting several times with skeletal ambushes. Coredruid held the line for us, enquiring why we were resting - Pyre responding that he was out of spells. Meanwhile Surety had galloped to safety after one of these ambushes only to realise he was in range of hobgoblins. He survived.
    d6bhtuwtv04t.jpg
    Bassilus took a dose of lightning from Coredruid, and three hobgoblins to the west fell to blindness and web.

Our final call for the session was to stand guard at the ankheg nest, ready to push our reputation from 19 to 20 next time.

Party gear at session end
    8nzaje2soikr.jpg

r92oj3phq96e.jpg

z1y67wcsaysz.jpg
    edited October 2022
    @Gate70 Interesting run.

Journal of Barbour

We killed the sirines and returned a ring before going to the FAI to raise Morwen. That reduced our gold to 22! :#

Kobolds did at least renew our barrow supply!

I have just reached level 7 so I believe it is time to deal with those demons in the mine.
    I got a case of illness last weekend and I have not had any good moments of feeling well. I will continue my run next week.
    edited October 2022
    @lroumen Look forward to reading it.

I started a run with a slightly more powerful female berserker which finished all too quickly due to three lightning bolts from Silke. She killed herself in the process :(

Meanwhile I have started a new run with a male berserker who has just left Candlekeep.

g8cicx9cyaal.jpg

I helped Mellicamp, calmed Marl, took a tome to Firebead, killed some ogrillon and delivered a letter.

Now level 3.

j9tiq3qpbt8h.jpg
    69n6sa12qde2.jpg
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    At least you got her. :)

I sided with Silke this time. That is generally just as useful given the helpful potions, and there are plenty of npcs early on that I can miss Garrick once or twice
    edited October 2022
    lroumen wrote: »
    At least you got her. :)

I sided with Silke this time. That is generally just as useful given the helpful potions, and there are plenty of npcs early on that I can miss Garrick once or twice
    In the game that Silke killed my character, she killed him, herself, Garrick, two of the men that she wanted me to kill and an innocent bystander. Utter carnage!

Journal of Bjorn the Bold

Upon heading south I picked up the Colquetle Amulet and some ankheg armour.
    I turned down a reward from Oublek

v5a2imgcnpzn.jpg

and took on Zargos Flintblade and Greywolf.

Being enraged was sufficient advantages in the fight. :)

dprwjjwkb5nb.jpg
    r6be7wmbqmbi.jpg

At the Carnival I saved Bentha by killing Zargal. :) Rage and the shield amulet were sufficient for that encounter.

ldjz59s3mu06.jpg

Upon returning to Beregost I sold all my spare equipment and then spent just about all my gold to buy a +2axe after which the altercation with Silke went just about perfectly. @lroumen

vf1aidut1sep.jpg

Afterthat I investigated a cave near the temple where there was some useful loot which included a charisma raising tome and a suit of armour which was similar to my ankheg plate, but with some additional protection.

4dx3xdo3drxy.jpg
    0isf36gvdjqc.jpg

The purchase of the axe was now beginning to feel justified as it made previously dangerous battles much safer. Given time, it would pay for itself.
    Oh wow. Did you mean to have her aim the lightning bolt through the actors? Very nice!

Reynaert, update 2 from before I got ill. No pictures this time.
    I remember I cleared robbing Beregost from its wealth, although I skipped the mansion. I helped grudgingly Neera, but turned her down for now. The spiders were cleared for Landrin, Mirianne got her letter from Roe, and I decided to keep the Worn Whispers. I forgot about the Colquette necklace...

From SotSC I helped an old man with his beatle sight in Beregost and accepted a bunch of search quests for later.
    Then I headed to Nashkel, cleared both paths between Beregost and there, found the Ankheg Armour, and I got rid of some annoying bloke on the road that asked too many of the same questions.
    I finished off by killing Neira in the Inn and accepting the quest from Berrun Ghastkill to investigate the mines.

Notable loot this time.
    - Ring of Princes nr2
    - Ring of Fools (?) or something that is the opposite of the Ring of Princes
    - Ankheg Armour
    - Worn whispers (boots of stealth).
    edited October 2022
    Oh wow. Did you mean to have her aim the lightning bolt through the actors? Very nice!.
    Yes I did, though usually she only kills two. I'm not skilful enough to guarantee all three. If she kills two the third gives his potion so you still get all of the loot. :) I did not intend for her to kill herself as you miss out on the experience.

I went to the FAI where I killed Tarnesh with a little help from my friends.

ld52iv8qpbl2.jpg

I then cleared aa cave-full of ankhegs.

284bza6h8b0i.jpg

I gave Farmer Brun 100gp which boosted reputation, now 20. :smile:

45i8ql0wjrks.jpg
    de7lm4k0gott.jpg

Some more raised my level. :)

rcdc84i2xf3k.jpg

Killing two proved challenging.

x14gpn6ubmrq.jpg

In Nashkel I got revenge on a baby Wyvern after it had killed Oublek.

p0gh45x24e5y.jpg

The side effect of this was that I retrieved some emeralds and a lot of gold.

Sadly no images of Droth accidentally killing Shoal. [Missed out on experience. :( ]

No images of Sil and the sirines being killed either. :(

[I was clearly tired at the time.]

I helped reunite Rufie with his owner, killed the fastest dart thrower, helped a dryad without returning for a reward, and rescued Aaron from the gnoll stromghold.

That would have raised my reputation but it was already 20. :)

In the temple area I killed a number of wolves, some of them quite powerful.

2r7vz0q8pz4q.jpg

I then went to the basilisk area where a group of adventurers was no match for me.

c4hqdkiyhplm.jpg

I took my loot to Aerie for identification and recharged my necklace of missiles.

I then went hunting basilisks and medusae ending up killing Mutamin.

Now level 8. :)

I headed for gullykin where I dealt with some more assasins.

65ixrmspm8oi.jpg

I proceeded to the dungeon that Charleston told me about.

I was immediately surrounded by undead and reduced their number by using a blast from the necklace of missiles. Having some fire protection meant that I was not too badly injured and I was able to deal with the remainder of them.

8am349adoncc.jpg
    tsuqfoo2frtb.jpg

Enrage helped me to dispose of some fledgling vampires, but when I was level drained by shadows it cost me 750gp at the temple.

All that fighting and gold for nothing. I couldn't open the chests!

Fighting Meilum was a bit more productive. The reason for his skill was a decent pair of gauntlets. :)

ahhhi1w5abcs.jpg

I then entered Cloakwood where I helped some hunters. Since I routinely kill wolves and bears, I could hardly side with the druids!

In transit I killed a number of ettercap. The ring that Montaron "found" at Ulgoth's Beard helped against them and also against other attackers in Cloakwood.

We defeated Centeol

5cwb8ubsww9q.jpg

several spiders, and lastly a dragon.

opo7feycs4xi.jpg

That brought me to level 9.

I am clearly capable of defeating strong enemies, but am unable to open chests, I therefore deem that the time is ripe for recruiting a thief, at least for a while.

edited October 2022

Coran joined me and together we killed a lot of wyvern both outside and inside a cave.

op45l063tnve.jpg

We then headed to Durlag's where we were able to defeat the basilisks. I must replace the potion though, just in case.

lk8rw5fhq9db.jpg
    5j6kja32osf3.jpg

Coran was able to pick up the wisdom tome unscarred. :)

We are finding that his unlocking ability isn't good enough, but we do have potions. We will wait until a few chests need unlocking before taking the potions. :)
    edited October 2022

We did Kirihale's quest, and upon completion tried to kill her. Two people weree insufficient to stop her teleporting away. :(

xupv5llnoeqn.jpg

Riggilo attacked us and paid the price.

ougue3m6c09j.jpg

We carefully made our way through the dungeon.

8f4zn4yw2ssu.jpg

eyo5ed1nkce5.jpg

When Coran levelled up, suddenly the locks and traps became easier.

The warders were relatively easy being separated.

dnv9ohg5ejfl.jpg

and we slowly proceeded until we had the items needed to upgrade my +2 axe.

zw09p1y228wv.jpg

We then left to upgade the axe, buy two others and buy better armour.

Only a few thousand gp spare.

I think that after revisiting the Firewine Ruins we might visit the Nashkel Mines.
    edited October 2022

After picking up the loot at Firewine [There were no enemies there], we visited Ulcaster which proved easy.

caphzoetqzxx.jpg
    b5e2dgh6zk5s.jpg
    x8ymzq9xkk14.jpg

We then went to the lake area where we killed Teyngan, some half oges and some gnolls that were attacing Drizzt.

a11dnrnefy4q.jpg

The Nashkel mines also proved to be easy.

ova4m5tdl1yx.jpg

We afterwards killed Tarash and Tranzig at Beregost.

f6s0eia1t7rc.jpg
    yz8da793xdlw.jpg

Then some assassins nearby.

xdd5o3oyibp9.jpg
    6ujx8iysulli.jpg

We dealt with an ambush near Baldur's Gate.

x77wjqje5jnh.jpg

We picked up Baeloth so that Dorn would join and then dealt with Dorn's enemies. In comparison he is a paragon of virtue.

p6qhknwat9gm.jpg

A basilisk attacked us and fell.

ypztlpa7g4ax.jpg

Dorn reached level 6, but because of his nature we bade him farewell.

We revisited Durlag's Tower and reached the doom guards whom we killed. Sadly they killed Baeloth. After raising him we sold surplus equipment aand I now have over 40,000gp Though that seems a lot, good equipment is expensive.

ro3gybd5qvto.jpg

I am hoping to finish Durlag's without any further deaths in my party. Time will tell.

We have just beaten the air aspect and invisible stalkers in Durlag's.

vm25r2rz711b.jpg

There were some serious injuries fighting the Phoenix Guards!

2x994ybyqmdf.jpg

The polar bear and winter wolves were much easier, as was the chess board. We had to use the wand of fire three times for perfect safety.

yljzzsb63b4v.jpg

imp5nby3tet7.jpg

Now taking on the enemies in bite sized pieces. :)
    Update of update #2.

I found some pictures for our amusement.
    rfq7agq53brb.jpg
    I found some socks introduced by SotSC. I cannot remember which quest to be honest.
    The beetle quest gave me a statue that can summon a beetle, but I did not try that yet.
    The Neira fight was a well-timed interruption battle. Xzar and Aura did an amazing job interrupting her three times back to back
    jfztfvigj3i9.jpg
    fv49focwnrve.jpg
    l2qiu8847bda.jpg
    Finally, I took the Greywolf bounty and was screamed at by Oublek later on.

I traveled to the mines and got the interjection with Dorn, but we had no room so we let him join and booted him, to be sure he went to the FAI for when I want to pick him up later.

We cleared the area of the Nashkel mines and fought Greywolf as well, who was not all too happy.
    I forgot how hard he can hit... ouch to Reynaert and RIP Montaron. Xzar got his revenge with the wand of frost.
    im9lmj2df8wd.jpg
    c18nn8uhtpzi.jpg
    I booted Xzar and resurrected Montaron and booted him, both in the Temple of Nashkel.
    Then I welcomed Edwin to the party and I have a free slot for later. Perhaps Xan will join for a little while.
    edited November 2022

We laid traps before taking on the demonknight,

vqoke63j9cw6.jpg

This together with skeleton warriors buffed with blass, chant and strength made the battle relatively easy, only Coran being hurt to a significant extent.

bau0t2ztxkg9.jpg
    gcpq2ihw1nxk.jpg

As we left we were ambushed again. Sadly Coran waas killed. :/

However we survived and as we left Drizzt tried to recruit us.

u47pz8p7cdo4.jpg
    5c37okncdon2.jpg
    7839pqdtups3.jpg

However it is now time to go shopping.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,880
    Trio 47 ([Part 1 2 3)
    Pyre - human dragon disciple (Gate70)
    Coredruid - half-elf fighter / druid (Corey_Russell)
    Surety - elf enchanter (Grond0)

Coredruid nipped down into the ankheg nest closely followed by Surety. We made a rapid circuit with 10 x sleep spells meaning only one determined ankheg survived 3 attempts to doze and the last one had no sleep to face. Never mind, we weren't in any real danger.
    pk7dpfk3q6bn.jpg
    A brief shop at Ulgoth's Beard saw us pick up a cloak of displacement and a greenstone amulet. From there we headed to Nashkel Mine and routed Mulahey the half-orc cleric. Lamahla and her companions were waiting outside, picking up a nice variety of spells we sent in their direction.
    smr3dmip7yrk.jpg
    After handing in a holy symbol from Bassilus (picked up last session) we sold a couple of wolf pelts and downed Nimbul. We'd made reasonable progress so took a quick break to deal with three groups of sirines and a trio of flesh golems at the coast.
    zlzi9p51x5ql.jpg
    Then straight back to work in Beregost and finding directions to a bandit camp. At said camp we cleared the outer area using webs fireballs and lightning before a potion of fire breath dealt with Venkt inside the tent. Two of his buddies perished alongside him while a third died outside.

A hidden mine deep in Cloakwood was our next destination, with Drasus having a welcoming party when we arrived. Once more web fireball lightning and other spells saw us past them and we descended into Cloakwood Mine.

It was here that Pyre took a beating, as did Surety and Coredruid. The latter held our attackers long enough for us to get our act together and finish off their resistance.
    b3jfi926bg4i.jpg
    Davaeorn's final guard stopped breathing in a brace of fireballs, his two battle horrors made Coredruid work for victory despite both being blinded (one temporarily by glitterdust).
    9zu1qkbin1yf.jpg
    Davaeorn failed to breach the potion of magic blocking Coredruid gulped and we ganged up on him before flooding the mine and heading into the city.

As Pyre picked up a tome from the thieves guild he heard (somehow) battle commence above Sorcerous Sundries - as Surety got himself seen. Pyre raced across but by the time he arrived Surety was dead from a Melf's Acid Arrow and horror, while Coredruid had also been caught by the horror. Two fireballs dismissed three of the practicing mages while web and magic missile dealt with the last.
    ml50z6kqdukn.jpg
    We headed to a temple to get Surety raised, and on our return found his staff, the wand of frost, and the ring of wizardry were at least three items that disappeared when picked up (the usual multiplayer quirk/bug). Hence we made to pick up a new ring from Sunin the mage and ought to return to Ulgoth's Beard for the +3 quarterstaff we were fortunate not to have purchased earlier.

Party belongings at session end:
    mv5nsbdytec8.jpg

ob8miabhy24p.jpg

l3gw24lgofik.jpg
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,443
    edited October 2022
    Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 234, Core rules + unmodded (update 3)
    Farsi (male dwarf swashbuckler, Grond0); Slark (male half-elf totemic druid, Gate70)
    Previous updates
    The latest session saw us looking around at the start trying to determine why we were in Nashkel having already opened up access to the Bandit Camp. Eventually failing to remember (finding a greenstone ring in a bag later could have been a clue), we travelled to the Bandit Camp and set about subduing that. The bandits hit Slark regularly and Taurgosz would have finished him off - had not the druid retreated to set up a shocking ambush.
    2fxg5n4iommc.jpg
    Inside the tent, the plan was for Farsi to draw Raemon away from the entrance and then hide while Slark nipped in and summoned a spirit or two. In the event though Farsi's stealth attempt failed and he was severely wounded (and lucky to survive a horror spell from Venkt) while running back out of the tent. No-one followed, which allowed us to heal up before entering once more - the spirit snake previously summoned was still there and did enough for victory.
    chn7bpj5z6ne.jpg
    The next encounter was with a group of ettercaps in the Cloakwood. Even though we tackled them one at a time, the second of those managed to poison Farsi. Slark cured him, but just as we finished off the ettercap it managed to poison Slark as well - forcing us into a dash for the edge of the map to allow travel to provide a cure.
    fsyv65ps36xx.jpg
    At the Cloakwood Mine a full complement of summons were too much for Drasus & co to handle.
    pofdlmpwbtzo.jpg
    Inside the mine though, the ambush by guards on the 3rd level made it difficult to use summons and showed up our relatively poor melee ability - Slark being forced into taking a couple of rare healing potions there.
    ybeo5c0f32s8.jpg
    While the battle horrors at the bottom are more formidable opponents, summons were once more available and a spirit lion was particularly effective at chomping through the battle horror defences - before doing the same for Davaeorn.
    v6rz4db1i7m1.jpgsxm84h4fftpn.jpg
    Arriving at Baldur's Gate, an early encounter with an ogre mage proved troublesome. Slark provided a distraction for the ogre mage while Farsi got out of range of spells. Unfortunately, Slark didn't use any protections himself and was confused and then held to provide an easy meal for the carrion crawlers.
    5aziip603gow.jpg
    Farsi used stealth to drag the crawlers away before hiding and heading for the temple. The final action then saw the acquisition of the Helm of Balduran before Farsi dragged some of Degrodel's guards out of their house. Lightning blasted several of those, but finishing off a pair of invisible stalkers proved difficult and Slark lost his ironskins and almost all his HPs before Farsi's shots with expensive bolts of lightning did the job.
    gf7lh1d6frxe.jpg
    Swashbuckler 9, 54 HPs, 191 kills
    Totemic druid 9, 71 HPs, 121 kills, 2 deaths
    edited November 2022

Tenya reached lvl 7.

Fighting Drelik proved challenging.

ummdxs6l5p5b.jpg

We killed Razamith and looted his tower before delivering some gauntlets.

ebzls9xpsx8w.jpg

We decided to go with Drizzt to help Wulfgar in the nine hells before investigating the Iron Throne. Beforehand we dropped Coran and Baeloth in the temple at the FAI.

An ogre attackedd us with the result that wew got some nice loot.

aha7ecjrej13.jpg

We then helped Abela the nymph.

epftnl4pbx1j.jpg

We killed Marek in orer to get the antidote to poison.

lhi3a52yjs7d.jpg

An ogre-mage was then killed.

bym88kujn8vt.jpg

Tenya wanted to learn how to use her bowl. Lethe inadvetantly showed her.

gaux0i5wea18.jpg

We then had to kill some Tenar'ri in order to get the Book of Unknowing.

1245qydr1wqe.jpg

Thorin was then badly hurt by lightning.

521s1biv39is.jpg

We dropped of Coran and Baoleth in order to join Drizzt's party.

1nwarzian6v1.jpg

Drizzt killed a Greater Tanari using stealth.

4ss1u1589reb.jpg

He lured Lesser Demonknights away from their allies in order to kill them easily.

i9z22ti5qs8d.jpg

Killing Eltab however was difficult. He had a +5 poisonous sword which is lethal! Drizzt had to use stealth repeatedly.

v4kh2wlhx2bp.jpg
    di13xlepnagx.jpg
    5a2eaqpeousx.jpg
    qdgzsurmxwg5.jpg
    16cxczqw29j0.jpg
    2ise2q7niyw3.jpg
    51wdov1i8des.jpg

Wulfgar used rage to kill a Demonknight.

2ugpf18scuyo.jpg

Killing the Slayer Shadows was a joint effort.

o81xi06q9gq4.jpg
    z1s9n81rxnkn.jpg

Drizzt was almost killed fighting Marilith. Only taking a potion of invisibility enabled him to survive.

We then slept and cast skeleton warriors to have a front line who were immune to poison. Marileth's demise was then just a matter of time.

rswqe5xywwkx.jpg
    g1lxdbywxxuj.jpg

Then off to Icewind Dale where we joined up with Regis.

1vchkxbe395w.jpg

After which we went in search of Catti-Brie

We killed a Tanari, a lot of drow before fighting Ertu.

cnn0c9r0d0wd.jpg
    nuioupg15m8w.jpg
    deaa86q8dqyu.jpg
    tkrundv0on9l.jpg

Artemis Enteri chunked Catti-Brie and killed Regis.

speany86ru1e.jpg
    4t76nl984ka5.jpg

A spell then whisked us off elsewhere. We were given the chance of upgrading a throwing axe but had insufficient funds.

0w7qfebccwxo.jpg

We therefore returned to the Sword Coast. Dungeons without a thief are dangerous!!!
    edited November 2022
    Bjorn the Bold

Bjorn has been affected by the vampires in Icewind dale Constitution was really hammered, down to 11. :(

Lesser Resoration and raise dead has no effect :(

Although Greater Restoration is pupportedly available at the temples, it isn't!!

Neither is the scroll. :(

I've come across this bug before.

I had to kill the affected NPC. Howeever this isn't a NPC. It's the protagonist! In future games I'll have to ensure that the protagonist isn't affected. He was actually protected against level drain.

I can only think of one more solution which I will try next.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,872
    There is no specific effect for removing stat drain. And in the standard rules, no spells do it. All you can do is wait for it to expire, kill the affected creature to end it, or dispel it (if it's flagged as dispellable). Aside from familiar death, the penalty from the Spellhold dream, and the penalty from the Hell "selfishness" trial, all stat drain effects in the base game are either temporary with a duration of no more than a few hours, dispellable, or item equip effects.

SCS has a component that allows restoration to cure stat drain; this is done by patching restoration spells with "remove effect of X" effects. As a rule change component, that's independent of all the AI stuff. It would probably be a fix for your issue, at least if there's reasonable access to restoration. (Other mods may do this too, but I don't know them.)
    Time didn't help. It doesn't wear off even after several days.

I'm therefore scrapping the game and will ensure that this doesn't happen again. Sending in skeletons would have been the safe option I think.

I am therefore going to have another berserker run, but this time with spiked or blunt weapon proficiency with the intention of dualling to cleric at level 9.

That isn't something that I have tried before.
    edited November 2022
    Reynaert update #3

I find some new items from the SotSC mod which are fancy and refreshing. I do not have anyone who can really use it though.
    g1uqb2sesi14.jpg

Into the mines we go and at the bottom we overpower Mulahey. It was not easy. Reynaert was dancing for some summons while the rest of the party lead by Kagain battle Mulahey himself. Edwin was no help having died along the way, but Xan was. He used the wand of frost and ran to the chest to retrieve his moonblade. I really like that he can really hit creatures as a mage in BG1.
    g362sazgjdc2.jpg
    On the way out I get a nice single weapon critical, and we fight a Snake at the cave exit (also from SotSC).
    28lh93388gja.jpgbbpnj07wak2a.jpg
    I go back to town and fight Nimbul, but as Tarnesh, the guards helped out a lot. The party goes to the Carnival next, and we buy the 2 potions, we buy a strange armor from SotSC that can be worn by mages
    hmlnm3hq230t.jpg
    , and we talk to one of the new NPCs from SotSC about a quest for a melting man. Zordal is then pacified by Finch with a Command spell and although the party is mostly suffering from horror, that buys enough time to kill Zordal without further hurting the party.
    lp53sxnc1nkx.jpg
    We find one of the books for Finch and then we come across a man who lost his brother (SotSC again, so many small interjections and quests. I do recommend the mod from the little amount of play time I have done already). We finally encounter a mimic in a cave who apparently ate that brother... ew... some good hits from Xan and Kagain wrap up that encounter
    1uvg2vdjj69e.jpg

We got rid of Edwin for a while already and replaced him with Branwen.
    The party except for Xan is now all leveled to 3.

I also recall some of these drain effects had to be actively dispelled in iwd or maybe I also encountered the bug before.

Ctrl-R became my friend for that.
    I don't think you should let the run end here if you can expect it to be dispellable
    edited November 2022
    I also recall some of these drain effects had to be actively dispelled in iwd or maybe I also encountered the bug before.

Ctrl-R became my friend for that.
    I don't think you should let the run end here if you can expect it to be dispellable

Baeloth cast dispell magic. That didn't work.
    I introduced a character who could cast greater restoration. That didn't work.
    Another who cast remove magic. That didn't work.
    I slept for several days. That didn't work.

Ctrl-R did work. I was going to ask what it does but decided to ask Google..

I think that I will take your advice about scrapping the game. It is clearly a bug. It only seems to be those vampires that cast the spell so it shouldn't affect the rest of the game. I might even destroy them with skeletons. If that works it won't be a problem in future games.

EDIT

I tried attacking them with Drizzt and skeletons. The skeletons weren't powerful enough and the magic resistance of Drizzt wasn't either. I'll juust skip that part of the drizzt Mod in future.
    I often try heal as well, but to me it seems clear you ran into a bug
    edited November 2022
    Bjorn the Bold

We finished all but one of the quests in the Drizzt mod.

Buying the equipment there drained our resources. I bought some clerical amulets which aren't much use yet, but will be in the future. Screenshots will be posted later. Now returning to Baldur's Gate.

Protection from fear made the harpies relatively harmless.

Apart from Regis being killed, the battle against the multiple lives of Aec' Letec went reasonably well.

ohn6ish5x74s.jpg
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 626
    edited November 2022
    It have been a long time since I last posted here.

My ranger / cleric playthrough was heavily modded and I lost interest some time ago. The character is still alive though.

Meanwhile I tried an unmodded elf Dragon Disciple run in BGEE.
    Dragon Disciple is far more resilient than others wizards, and with throwing daggers and 18 strength and 19 dexterity is not totally useless damage wise.
    It was so easy in fact that I got careless, and my level 5 DD was killed by a lightning bolt from Natasha in Cloakwood Mine. Lesson learned, now all my Charname will equip the Boots of Talos !

So I decided to revive Varuca, my half elf shapeshifter who met her death in SoD against bombardiers and boring beetles.

So here is the tale of Varuca 2 !
    Up to mid BGEE it was an unmodded game, then I installed Spells Revisions and Bhaalpowers revisited, I was too depressed to see how in unmodded game first two druid spells levels are so rapidly useless. I also completely changed the NPC portraits with Artostrophe's pack. I played in insane difficulty without double damage.

Knowing from my previous run than I can take full advantage of wielding a weapon in the off hand and still benefit from single weapon proficiency, I started with dagger and single weapon proficiency.
    The run went well and was easier then my previous attempt, and Varuca stole the show in the frontline, having more kills than Yeslick, Minsc, Kivan and Coran. Others party members were Imoen (replaced by Coran), Branwen (replaced by Yeslick), and Dynaheir.

The usual web, silence and fireballs did wonders against most parties.
    wlhrvxidp4b9.jpg
    I didn't want to take any risks with Natasha, and so Kivan didn't let her any chance...
    u0k2wn3yjixt.jpg

I did an almost completionist run, only skipping Werevolves Island (a shame for a shapeshifter !) and bringing back the Souldagger at Urgoth's Beard.

The final fight was easy, Semaj teleported near the party and was welcomed with a dispel arrow, a skull trap and an arrow of biting. Sarevok was backstabbed by Coran, then hit by a dispel arrow. Tazok was occupied with summons, and Angelo also received a dispel and a biting arrow.
    Yeslick striked the killing blow, and then SoD !

For SoD I added three Jastey's mods : Road to Discovery, Borarskyr Bridge and Another fine Hell. They are mostly story mods, but BB allows to gain 1 stats point. I choose wisdom, so Varuca now have 22 wisdom.

I now have a good picture of the main danger points there, and used protection from poisons scrolls against the dragon and the half dragon, protection from acid against the wyrmlings, and protection from undeads in the Repository of Undeath.
    My party in SoD was Minsc, Dynaheir, Corwin, Glint and Voghlin.

Corwin completely stole the show, and at the end had more kills than Varuca for the whole BGEE = SoD !
    She destroyed the Illithid's party with just detonation arrows.

I liberally used dispel and detonation arrows, making short works of Hephernaan and his acolytes.
    lc0yyxk1nftj.jpg
    But even after placing many glyphs of warding and skull traps in the hall, I was cornered by the named elite crusaders party, with Corwin dominated !
    c1yzfdgbsj6t.jpg
    I really feared that it would be the end, with Glint held, Minsc dead, Varuca alone in the frontline against the fighter and the dwarf cleric, and their spellcasters not so embarrassed by web and silence.
    Luckily Corwin's domination wore off, and she could fired dispel and detonation arrows to the spellcasters, while Varuca with DuHM held the line, and Dynaheir and Vohglin killed the fighter and the cleric with a barrage of magic missiles.
    The Dragonspear Castle assault was fine, I was maybe too cautious and Mizhena died :-(.
    I accepted Ashatiel's challenge, and met her with two summoned ankhegs, an earth and an air elemental, lighning strike and poison. She couldn't do anything.
    The Avernus went fine too, with many buffs jut in case.
    I was worried bout the final fight, and at first my fear was confirmed : despite my dispelling screen, Belhifet succeed at dispelling all buffs on two characters.
    I casted regeneration spells on Caelar, and used two protection from fire scroll on her, and Corwin started firing Void Arrows on Behlifet. Dynaheir was put asleep, but could be saved in time. Again, the summoned elementals from the level six druid spells did wonders against the demons.
    Of course, legendary Caelar's pride striked again, and she stole the killing blow from Corwin.
    8t8wxqw6uqc5.jpg

I successfully finished SoD on a no reload run !

Next post, my first steps in SoA.
    Post edited by Trouveur on
  • RaygaRayga Member Posts: 50
    Hello!
    Ive decided to try this challenge after it was recommended to me. Gotta admit I was always curious how adrenaline high these type of runs are.

I have some experience with various difficulty mods like Tactics/SCS/Ascension and managed one no-reload SCS SoA run( died once to Improved Bodhi). Despite that, It's going to be my first no-reload BG1 run and first time playing BG1 with SCS.

Because of that and fact that I don't really remember many details like where is this one magical item which is most helpful against that one enemy, Ive decided to try my first run with one of stronger class combination imo. With how stacked odds are against me Im expecting to get shredded :D

Name: Simon
    Race: Elf
    Class: Mage/Thief
    Proficencies: + Short bow, + Long sword
    Thief skills: 20 Detect Illusion, everything else into Hide in shadows
    Spells: Blindness, Shield

Solo run + Insane + SCS(Everything at maximum)

I'm sorry for different game language!(nostalgia purpose)

zer6x4upja6g.png

After plundering Candlekeep, finding hidden diamond in the wild, killing few wolfes and sniping bear, Ive finally arrived at Friendly Arms Inn. Once more I have benefited from hidden storages left across Faerun. This time the Ring of Wizardry will defintely help this child of bhaal. Double the blinds! After scouting impressive keep, Ive decided to retreat for now. There was a suspiocious mage waiting in the entrance to the inn.
    Immediately after leaving FAI, Ive run into hostile ogre who proved inferior to rain of arrows after magical blindness.

sz8qi0hgmk7y.png

His belt shall prove useful. Quickly scouting Beregost and deciding to return later after putting at least one level of Thief into Lockpicking. On the road south two Ogrillions fell to my sneaky arrows. At this point I have to say Im really impressed with new version of SCS. Ive been playing old SCS with BG2 and that older version was ultra inferior. How mobs react to blindness is completely new thing to me. Instead of standing like idiots in place or just wandering like idiots, now they activiely try to find you and move around to make it much harder for you to shot them down. After killing ogrillions, Ive returned letter to worried wife and leveled up Thief in process. Coming back to wild I decided to approach roaming hobgoblins in shadows. After waiting for their best position, the ambush began. Though ambush might be overstatement. Slow hobgoblins couldn't even attack before being turned into pincushions.

pb48fwgpdb9h.png

Only their leader proved himself to be half-competent. His armor class forcing me to constantly retreat and barrage him with arrows. My godly blood found it disgraceful to waste magic on such a simply foe. Anyway his boots should aid me in my stealth and assasination.

Next road south was a waste of time and Ive run across the plains as fast as possible with one mishap. Ive almost died to sneaky hobgoblin who waited hidden amongst the trees while I was picking up some necklace laying on the ground. As soon as Ive came out of shadows there was arrow in my face. Thanks Tymora for my superior thief training and that lucky dodge. With 11hp that could be oneshot!

From there I strayed west and found myself a talking chicken requiring my aid. Not far away we had meeting between myself and few pesky half-ogres. Double blind and kiting two remaining done the deed. Had to shot down one stray skeleton who moved to close. Wasted one charge of missile wand but I shouldnt miss it.

t7ydtujkbno9.png

While I was there my thief senses picked up a smell of a wealthy prey. Hobgoblin Zargal with his buddies and sweet expensive sword was there. After circling them, waiting for best moment, Ive struck blinding both of his archers from distance and going 1v1 with my bow against Zargal.

The funniest thing is while Zargal and his archers were easily defeated, I faced death during lootpicking. Some lone bandit sneaked upon me when I was daydreaming about new shortbow +1. Once again I was left with 1 hp! I managed to blind him before he could finish me. Thanks Mystra I rested immediately after fight with Zargal.

y89uwtnouu2m.png

ikmamnf139ay.png

Thankfuly these fights were enough for me to level up both classes.

That useless chicken nugget Melicamp died !! Where is my experience?? Im not helping him again.
    Gave back Perdue's blade, got shield +1 from Bjornin, stolen bastard sword +1 from blacksmith at night and killed blinded Karlat.
    Next I'm selling all the loot, buying shortbow +1 and going straight for Firewine Bridge for gauntlets. Next is wolf hunt at the Temple. Also bought identification and mirror image scrolls(failed identification once).

Unfortunately had to waste one oil of speed to escape from bandit ambush. I was without armor with 18 hp surrounded by 8-10 bandits on insane difficulty... Didn't want to risk that without buffs.

33bc1wi0m0e1.png

4 Blinds were fortunately enough against Meilum. Its so much easier now with better bow, gauntlets and improved chance to hit from level up. Tested new bowmanship skills on half-ogres, ogres, ogre berserker and xarts. Saving that cow gave me 1 reputation thanks Tymora again. I have installed 1/2 reputation gains from SCS so Im still unsure which quest is going to raise my reputation.
    After killing all these mobs I leveled once again and this time I can cast Mirror Image finally. With this spell I attacked Ioin and blinded his archers. Images did its job and tanked one arrow. Time to sell loot again.

In Nashel I killed Neeira with good ole combo arrows+blindness. She casted sanctuary but that didnt help her. After that sold ankheg armor, refusing to take gray wolf bounty got my reputation raised which is surprising. Leaving Nashkel I saved Brage, defeated Ludrug in 1v1, saved dryad tree(another +1 rep) and very nice belt, killed ignot for exp and loot and returned dead kitten but no rep unfortunately.

vs1jglr5agt8.png

Time to shoot some wolfs now.