Skip to content

Wild Magic and Lost gold?

The wild surge that destroys gold, does anyone know how much gold is typically destroyed?

I'm just finishing up on chapter 2, and have now cleared pretty much the whole world map and quests. But I've just noticed that my gold has vanished! Last time I checked I was sitting on roughly 120 to 130k, now I'm down to a little over 20k....

I've certainly not spent it, and have no idea where it has vanished to, I can only assume at was wiped out during a wild surge and I didn't notice, does this sound possible? 100k plus lost seems a bit excessive, will a wild surge really wipe that much?

On another note I really need to become less reliant on the quick save button, and start saving on multiple slots, no recent back up save! :(

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    I believe it destroys 80% of your gold.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    On the bright side, having 120k gold is so excessive that I personally wouldn't even be sad it's gone ;) There is limited amount of stuff of worth you can buy, the rest you get while adventuring.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Lathlaer said:

On the bright side, having 120k gold is so excessive that I personally wouldn't even be sad it's gone ;) There is limited amount of stuff of worth you can buy, the rest you get while adventuring.

It depends on how you play. The way I do (non-completionist and limited rest), I am never really rolling in gold cos I tend to use wands, scrolls and potions a lot when I am low on spells. Of course I was aware of the possibility of losing most of my gold with every spell Neera casts, so I spent it as soon as I got it.

If it's really a crippling blow to your playthrough, there's no shame in just cheating it back in. Very easy to do with either console or EEkeeper.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    This is especially crippling if you are collecting gold for Gaelan Bayle and you have scs mod that you require to collect 65k gold. And I have 50k, and poof it is gone. To spare annoyances I edited the wild surge effect to lose only %20 gold, still a bad thing but not that crippling.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    edited March 2015
    That must be it then.

Its not too much of a big deal, I've already bought 'most' of my big ticket items (Robe of Vecna etc), so I'll carry on playing the game as intended and just delay finishing up on my spending for a while.

I'm just glad its not happened on my Evil Playthrough, where my low reputation means the prices are really high!