Skip to content

Exporting items

How many items can be exported from BG1 to BG2? At on spot it says 3, but there are only 2 lists of items, and apparently you can only take 1 from each list. Are they are including the golden pantaloons in there as well?

Comments

• MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    edited March 2015
    The game will check your exported character's inventory for three items.

Item 1: Golden Pantaloons
    The game just checks if you have them. If you don't, it will simply not appear in BG2.

The next two items are the primary deal. One from each list will appear in BG2. If you have more than one item from each list in your inventory, the item higher on the list will get exported. If you have none, there is a default item that will appear.

Item 2: Armor

1. Protector of the Second (Leather Armor +2)
    2. Mail of the Dead (Chain Mail +2)
    3. Fallorain's Plate (Plate Mail +1)
    4. Missile Attraction (Studded Leather Armor +2) - unobtainable
    5. Chain Mail +3

Default: Mail of the Dead

Item 3: Miscellaneous

1. Helm of Balduran
    2. Claw of Kazgaroth
    3. Horn of Kazgaroth
    4. Koveras' Ring of Protection +1

Default: Helm of Balduran
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Mivsan Very good list, except I thought that if you had none of the number 2 or 3 import items that there would be no special imports. For example if you didn't have any of the miscellaneous items I think that shelf is just empty when you get there.

There is also a totally new system for a 4th item import in BG2:EE patch 1.3. It will import one weapon from a list that you have in your inventory and if you have none of those weapons it gives you one based on your proficiency points.

The possible weapons are:
    The Burning Earth +1 (longsword)
    Ashideena +2 (hammer)
    Bala's Axe, Wizard Slayer (axe)
    Suryris's Blade +2 (halberd)
    The Grave Binder +2 (dagger)
    Staff Separ +2 (Quarterstaff)
    Staff Mace +2 (Quarterstaff)
    Arla's Dragonbane +3 (sling)
    Varscona +2 (longsword)
    Krotan's Skullcrusher +2 (mace)
    Kiel's Morning Star +3 (morning star)
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Well, I was already planning on importing Balduran's helmet and the +3 chainmail. Alas, none of those weapons listed will help MyChar, who uses two-handers. Also, I am curious why +2 chain mail gets preference over +3 chain mail.

I suppose I could bring the dragonsbane sling along. Where do I find the patch you mentioned? This site?
    The patch should be available from either the launcher you use to start the game or the app store you got the game from I think. I don't know about other platforms or launchers, but I use the Beamdog launcher and it usually finds the patches automatically. The patch for BG2:EE has been out since December 16 so it is likely you would have already gotten it.

Regardless, the version number should be visible on the start screen for the game. If you have BG2:EE v1.3.2064 and BG1:EE v1.3.2053 you are up to date.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    OK, the stuff I imported showed up in various places. One Duergar had Belduran's helmet, another one had the +3 chainmail, the pantaloons were in my backpack from the start, and Burning Earth turned up with the Djinn from the Plane of Air. Yay!
    FrdNwsm said:

OK, the stuff I imported showed up in various places. One Duergar had Belduran's helmet, another one had the +3 chainmail, the pantaloons were in my backpack from the start, and Burning Earth turned up with the Djinn from the Plane of Air. Yay!

Pretty sure you are remembering some of that wrong, but I am glad it worked.