Skip to content

Pit Fiend Experience Points

I have read some of the posts on experience points for fighting pit fiends because I received none for fighting one in the elven city. I just want to confirm that this is correct?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Summoned creatures do not give XP...
  • ElfieElfie Member Posts: 61
    I did not summon it, it was in the elven city during a fight.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    It was still summoned by an enemy (Raafilat is the name of that guy or something like that), and as a summoned creature it gave you no XP
    Thanks, I keep trying to understand this impossible game!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I bid you good luck then. The rules on which BG2 is based are very specific and sometimes opposite to common sense. I was 7 when I first play BG1, the "the lower the better" thing about saving throws, AC, Thac0 really felt unlogical back then (even if I played the game for the story rather than powergaming). But once you have assimilated it all and begin to have good knowledge of spells etc... you notice that the possibilities are huge.
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    Elfie said:

Thanks, I keep trying to understand this impossible game!

If you're at that point of the story I'd say you're making out OK.

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    To be fair, there was a time when summoned pit fiends gave 16k EXP each in the original game - you can probably still find some old guides on how to cheese XP with that.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You can edit pit fiends with near infinity or EEKeeper to have them give you XP when you kill them.
    The pit fiend is an especially hard summoned critter to kill, so they should have at least given something. I have not yet changed anything in the game, although sometimes I really want to (like points to earn traps).