Skip to content

If You Pregenerated A Character and Don't Have Bhaalspawn Powers...

ShivanShivan Member Posts: 22
I have your solution right here. The basic idea is, you should never have clicked Play next to your character of choice after New Game, because there's a bug where that button makes it so your character has no bhaalspawn powers. Here is how you fix it now that you've played for hours and don't want to restart.

Don't bother with EE Keeper, they have something wrong that's preventing you from adding Innate powers to characters, I haven't figured a way around that yet.

However, follow THIS method, and you will get your powers:

TL;DR version - open your save in multiplayer, export and import your character, voila.

The detailed explanation -

Copy your most recent save folder (000001 - quicksave, or whatever it is) to the mpsave folder (for multiplayer saves), then load up that save in a multiplayer game.

When you load up the game, during character arbitration (that screen with all the big check marks), add in another character if you have any containers or anything else that disappears when you load in a character file like we're doing now. (You do NOT need to create another character if you have other characters in your party already, I'm just going under the assumption you only have one character in your party.)

Once in the game, transfer any containers and any other items that are not saved to a character file (I can't remember offhand anymore, I haven't used this method of cheating for duplicating items in at least a decade, you can test it out yourself if you're so inclined).

Once containers are transfered, open the character record of your bhaalspawn character, and export it as a new character file.

Next, click the Character Arbitration button, looks like two dotted line arrows going between two computers, delete the Primary Character, the one at the top left that is the bhaalspawn. click Create Character. Now you will see the list of characters you've pregenerated. Click CREATE, do NOT press play.

Click IMPORT, and select the character file you made above, and finish the creation. Check the check mark and hit done.

Voila, your character has bhaalspawn powers now. Simply make a new save, and copy and paste that save folder back to the singleplayer save folder.

If you don't like the powers you received, now that your character HAS innate powers, EE Keeper WILL work in this regard. To find the appropriate spells in EE Keepers ridiculously long list, click Add Spell (under Innate tab), click Filter, click deselect all and check off Innate and Level 1, then click OK, click the category Script Name to sort it alphabetically, then scroll down until you see Innate in the Script Name column, any spells that say Innate in the Script column are the bhaalspawn powers. Or if you're super dedicated to dice-rolling, you can simply repeat the character creation until you get the right ones according to your alignment. I find that tedious and pointless since I have EE Keeper.

(If you had to create a new character to give the disappearing containers/items, before making the save you'll copy over, open up Arbitration again and delete that character, since you can't delete characters in singleplayer.)

If anyone purchased this game through Steam, could you please add this guide to the steam guides? It irritates me that I'd have to purchase it on steam too just to offer up a guide there...
Post edited by Shivan on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Shivan said:

Don't bother with EE Keeper, they have something wrong that's preventing you from adding Innate powers to characters, I haven't figured a way around that yet.

The latest version of EEKeeper added a feature that makes it possible to add innate abilities. This should no longer be a limitation.
  • ShivanShivan Member Posts: 22
    That's weird, I downloaded the latest version today just in case they had fixed it, but it still didn't work. Maybe I messed up somehow. dunno. if so, then nevermind :)
    You have to go to the memorization tab and click the "add" button. Then you select Innate as the memorization you want to add and you set the level as 1 and the number of memorize to whatever you need.

Mm... I still like my way better, as it seems to fix it from a lowest-level-possible level. Like, rather than duct taping it, I've welded it.

Something tells me those innate spells you add in from the memorization tab won't be taken away after spell hold, but my method will. Which is important from a storyline point of view, I suppose.
    Shivan said:

Something tells me those innate spells you add in from the memorization tab won't be taken away after spell hold

Actually they will be taken away, assuming you add the correct spells with Keeper. The correct spells are spin101, spin102, spin103, spin104, spin105, and spin106.
    Ah, gotcha. So the game just seeks out to remove those spells at that point, neat.

Well dammit. I only did the non ee keeper version because the dang innate tab didn't do it... I mean, I loaded up a working bhaal spawn character and saw the keeper had those spells in the innate tab, so I kind of just assumed that's where I had to do it... But it wouldn't work... Didn't even think of trying the memorization tab...