Skip to content

[bug] +scrn Neera's forest(new location), no dialogue with gnolls, game hangs.

IDDQDIDDQD Member Posts: 37
edited March 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Happen to me once. Maybe something about pathfinding again.

/e Forgot, ettin didn't come that time.

Comments

• kotopheykotophey Member Posts: 97
    edited March 2015
    I confirm this bug too. It's happens if Neera isn't in the party at the time of the meeting with these gnolls (she must comment this encounter).
    Post edited by kotophey on
  • IDDQDIDDQD Member Posts: 37
    kotophey said:

I confirm this bug too. It's happens if Neera isn't in the party at the time of the meeting with these gnolls (she must comment this encounter).

you don't need Neera in the party for this encounter. Ettin just didn't come to kill 'em coz of pathfinding.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Please can you advise platform (pc, mac, android etc) and game version. When I tried this it worked as intended so any additional information (or save) would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Hello, don't have save. Pc, steam, latest ver.
    Gate70 said:

Hi
    Please can you advise platform (pc, mac, android etc) and game version. When I tried this it worked as intended so any additional information (or save) would be helpful.
    Thanks

Hello, don't have save. Pc, steam, latest ver.
    Hmm, I still can't reproduce. I can see bug 4653 was raised almost 2 years ago for the same encounter and result but could not be reproduced.

Any more information you can add would be very helpful. I've tried multiplayer and that worked, can you remember what class/kit your character was and party members plus any effects such as invisibility, silence, deafness and so on.
    Thanks
    edited April 2015
    Gate70 said:

Hmm, I still can't reproduce. I can see bug 4653 was raised almost 2 years ago for the same encounter and result but could not be reproduced.

Any more information you can add would be very helpful. I've tried multiplayer and that worked, can you remember what class/kit your character was and party members plus any effects such as invisibility, silence, deafness and so on.
    Thanks

Had a screenshot with character's positions but was posting many bugs so it was somehow deleted before uploading.

Party was Yoshimo(invis) + Minsk + jaheira + Me(fighter) + Nalia + Keldorn. Guess something like this screenshot http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40654/dupe-after-resting-at-copper-coronet-some-party-member-is-always-stuck-near-drunkard#latest

Also, party was like from this save http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40661/bug-save-jaheira-bandits-are-standing-still-and-not-trying-to-attack#latest

Ettin script just didn't work somehow. If i remember correct i scout with Yoshimo(invis), saw gnolls(haven't seen ettin, was in the fog of war) and move my party towards them. It's not easy to track this bugs because game hangs in the middle of the cut scene if some script don't work(alt+f4) and you need to restart the game all over again.
    edited April 2015
    OK, I can get this to happen if I cast dispel magic because the ettin illusion is dispelled. Did you do anything similar.
    Gate70 said:

OK, I can get this to happen if I cast dispel magic because the ettin illusion is dispelled. Did you do anything similar.

Well, nice job you have, i mean logic and such xD J/k. Maybe, because Yoshimo was with find traps/illusions skill active all the time. Also, magic is playing tricks there. But i can't tell you if i was near ettin at all. I mean, if i remember correct i saw gnolls only, i didn't scout that much. Because, again, if i remember correct i saw ettin for the first time after i restarted the game. But, maybe, he was somehow in a range of find traps and was dispelled.
    It is possible to cast dispel there and that would explain how the ettin went without being seen.

I can get the ettin to go using detect traps but only within visual range, i.e. inching Jan forward under invisibility and waiting for 30-40 seconds each time.

and I could see the ettin went at this stage.

I could raise a ticket for this circumstance, however not convinced yet that it would explain what happened for you. @kotophey do you have any further information about what led up to this for you.
    Thanks
    Keldorn's True Sight also does it, from a greater distance but still has to be in visual sight. A wild surge value of 48 (wrong target) means this could be done from elsewhere on the map but doesn't always work.

Did you use True Sight at all?
    edited April 2015
    I think that this is maybe something like Neera and Melkin bug i reported prev. in BG1. Game just hangs while playing cut scene before dialogue starts. And it's hard to reproduce. Do as you wish i can't produce information any further. Also, don't think that wild surge was taking place somehow because i read line with rolls and spell effects. And Yoshimo was standing where Keensy is standing on your screenshot. I don't think it was either detect traps/true sight or dispel magic. Maybe someone will provide more information. I just like the game that's why i provide bug reports. Many people just restart the game when such things happen and go play further.