Skip to content

Two Questions (early game spoilers)

1) Regarding ranged attacks against enemies immune to normal weapons: Does that mean I'd need a +1 or higher weapon, +1 or higher ammo, or would I need both?

2) Regarding Imoen, her spellbook, and Irenicus' Dungeon: I know that Imoen gets captured and brought to Spellhold, but does her character stats/spells/etc. "reset" when I get her back later? In other words: Is it safe to go ahead and have Imoen write/learn from all the spell scrolls I get in Irenicus' Dungeon, or would they be wasted/lost later on by doing that?

Thanks in advance =)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    1) You'd need +1 or higher ammo. Though there are bows and at least one crossbow that do fire their own enchanted ammo if nothing else is equipped.

2) Yes the Imoen you get in Spellhold is mechanically not the same one you encounter in Irenicus's Dungeon. So any spells she has learned will be ignored. Instead she starts with a fixed spellbook.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    1: Ammo is the only one that matters. Some weapons, however, such as Tansheron's Bow, the Short Bow of Gesen, and the Firetooth crossbow (there's also a Firetooth throwing dagger with the same name) use their own ammunition, and strike as magical weapons. If you combine such weapons with ammunition, though, then the ammunition will determine the magic level.

Crossbow +1, with nonmagical bolts: strikes as nonmagical
    Crossbow, with +1 bolts: strikes as +1
    Firetooth, without ammunition: strikes as +4
    Firetooth, with nonmagical bolts: strikes as nonmagical
  • Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    Thank you both!