Skip to content

anyway to reset the drow illusion spell?

I really need to rest my characters so I can finish up the quests there but everytime I do the spell wears off and everyone attacks me and ruins all the quests.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    I don't think the spell ever wears off, but there are time limits on several of the Ust'Natha quests. You might be able to rest right after your next scheduled meeting with Phaere, for example. Which quest are you on?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited April 2015
    Then you are going to have to finish off the quests without resting. There is a time limit in that area of the game before the drow determine you aren't one of them. Apparently you were resting too much and are now close to the limit.

Keep in mind there is one quest (the quest involving using the rope to gain entrance to that one house) where the city can still be hostile for you to do them. You can also finish off the other areas outside of the city in the underdark that you didn't have time for before (either the beholder lair, mind flayer dungeon, and/or kuo-toa dungeon) after you've done the drow quests.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @elminster: Are you sure? I thought there were just time limits on each individual step, not one big timer.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited April 2015
    Could be. To be honest along with spellhold its my least favourite area of the game and I tend to burn through it as fast as possible. Either way you've got to do at least your next quest with Phaere without resting.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    if all else fails, you could always fight your way out
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    You have timers on Phaere quest, though I have always respected them and therefore never have had any problem with this, and a timer triggers once you get Adalon eggs (the real ones), before her spell wears off. There is no way to get an extra time once you got Adalon eggs.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Your journal, and the dialogs from Phaere and Solaufein, should indicate how long you can delay completing the next stage of the quest before the city turns hostile. Sometimes you get only an hour; other times you get several days to yourself.