Skip to content

Opcode 232 - Cast spell on condition

AmeranthftwAmeranthftw Member Posts: 57
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to implement a spell that is essentially passive, but it has an effect when I am invisible. What I've done is applied a permanent effect that casts a spell on condition(232), condition "target's state is special(15)", and state is STATE_INVISIBLE(4). Unfortunately, this does not seem to work at all; I've checked the file with EEkeeper, and while my character has the effect of the opcode 232 spell, it never actually "fires."

Comments

• AmeranthftwAmeranthftw Member Posts: 57
    Any workarounds would be awesome to hear to; maybe there's some unnoticeable modifications i can make to invisibility sources that I can then check for? I don't know, I'm open to any suggestion.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    What your trying to do should work, I've done it before just fine.
    I can only assume you have a targeting issue.
    Thank you for the reply, Kjeron.

I tried many different targeting options, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the issue. How did you set it up to function in the past?
    edited April 2015
    Here, compare with this. It deals 1 damage per round(state checks only happen as such) while invisible. It checks both normal and improved invisibility, but works without the improved invis. check as well.
    Thank you so much for the help, after comparing my own spell with yours, I still can't seem to get the effect to fire when invisible. I am trying to apply a "melee hit effect" to the character when it is invisible, I don't know if that has anything to do with the issue. I've attached my spell as well if you wanted to look.
    What you have works in my game. You do have to wait until the end of the current round for the effect to activate though, as that is when the opcode checks the conditional.
    How odd, I definitely gave it more than a round. I used EEkeeper to check the effects on the character also. If it's relevant, I am using a potion of invisibility to test, and am testing on BGEE, not BG2EE.
    edited April 2015
    Okay, I get the same as you with BGEE with various invisibility methods. I guess the extended conditions did not make it into that one yet, because it works fine in both BG2EE and IWDEE.
    Ah, well that is disappointing. You say various invisibility methods, though, do any of them work?
    No, that's why I though it was the state-check condition that doesn't exist in BGEE.

I found the thread at gibberlings3 forums about the opcode changes for IWDEE, which confirms not all of them have made it into BGEE yet: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26804
    Ah, well that's a bummer. Hopefully those changes reach BGEE soon enough. Thank you for all the help though, Kjeron.