Skip to content

Confused about Beast Master?!?

If anyone could shine some light on this for me, I would be grateful!

So I just downloaded BGEE on my tablet. Was having a blast playing as a BeastMaster for the last few days, then noticed that I am now a Fallen Beast Master who cant summon his familiar. This is confusing since I have done nothing but help out quest wise, not killed any NPC, and been playing the good guy. How the heck did I become a Fallen Beast Master.

So little research was found anywhere about this Fallen thing. I did see in a post somewhere that a beastmaster cant kill animals. Is this true. Is this what made me fall? And if it is, it doesn't really make any sense to me because when i use the beast master animal charm, they eventually are uncharmed and end up attacking me. Surely i dont have to sit back while my party kills all dogs, wolves, bears, etc.?

someone make some sense out of this for me!

Comments

• MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    What is your reputation? If it drops past a certain number than you'll fall.
  • Bman006Bman006 Member Posts: 4
    Reputation is at 9.

But if i am playing the good character, how did it drop is what i am asking. i think the only guy i killed was the guy at the end of the mines quest. He was a half orc and i didnt have mercy for him!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    You may have killed innocent people using area spells... It's the most common cause.
    is it true a beast master cant kill animals?
    and also, Area of effect spells would not have been an issue as i had no mage in my group, it has been all melee.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2015
    Without knowing which quests you did it's really hard to say. Some have an evil way to be completed.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    There are a few ways you could have lowered your reputation that don't involve killing anyone. Getting caught stealing by the Flaming Fist or accepting Viconia into your group, for example. A Fallen Beastmaster is a seriously gimped character, so I'd advise going back to an earlier save if you have one. If you don't, it might even be worth starting over; if you've only killed Mulahey, then you're not all that far into the game.