Skip to content

Cespenar talks to much

does anyone else get really annoyed at how much dialog you have to go through with cespenar, you have to go through 20 things he can't make just to get to something he can make. he should start out with things he can make first.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I rather like Cespenar, but... yeah. It gets old seeing him talk about the same things each time. It'd be kind of nice to have "what can you make that I have all the materials for?" and "what can you make that I have some of the materials for?" different dialog options, or something.
  • mrb101mrb101 Member Posts: 68
    yeah something like that would be great, i get a sore finger clicking continue 20 times lol.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Yes. He shouldn't repeat all that talk about recipes EVERY SINGE TIME you talk to him. I heard him the first time.

That said I really like cespenar. I know a lot of people think he's out of place and not funny, but they're wrong. He's hilarious. I always feel bad finishing the game because it destroys the pocket plane and I can never see him again.
    yeah i don't mind him i just wish there was an option to get straight to recipes you have mats for.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Agree x10. I wish there was a "Silence Cespenar"spell. I usually just turn off the sound whenever I have to interact with him. I'm pretty sure he's one of the main reasons I don't play ToB very much.

Bhaal must have been a fan of Jar Jar.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    I think he was done this way so new players would know what they still needed to make items. It's not so annoying if you just mash enter a lot.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2015
    meagloth said:

I always feel bad finishing the game because it destroys the pocket plane and I can never see him again.

Baldur's gate 3: Cespenar's Odissey
  • JackOfClubsJackOfClubs Member Posts: 8
    You can store all of the upgradeable items that you don't have the components for in the various containers in the pocket plane. If you are using some of them, just drop them on the ground before talking to Cespenar. Just remember to pick them up again afterwards.
    never thought of that.