Skip to content

[Windows - Steam Version] Screen Freezes, Some Sounds not working.

DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
edited April 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Game Stops Functioning - Help Pls...(Updated) This is what I posted on Steam, and now re-posting here and trying to make it fit your bug format.. however, I have a lot of info to report on my experience with the game.

Intalled it. Started it. Created a character. Began the campaign, In shadows of amn The very second line of Irenicus had no voiceover sound. The sounds of his spell casting worked - sometimes. Some of his lines would voice, others not, but the game would stop progressing always after the golem came to report more intruders and irenicus's first response. The golem and irenicus locked forever in a staring contest. Game didnt crash and just stayed there. I closed the game and restarted the campaign several times. In each instance the voicovers that played were random. Sometimes none at all. The game stops precisely after irenic says "They acted sooner than anticipated". Every Time. When asked to confirm closing the game and I say no, the game continues to play, but with limited sound. Music plays. UI sounds work. No combat sounds or ambience plays, no battle cries.... Voiceovers happen, randomly.

I have wiped the game off my computer and tried a clean reinstall. No change.

I will also mention the animations. They are not fluid. They "should" be. Could be part of the problem.

I went and tried playing the other 2, heres what happens....

Throne of bhaal. The sound issues were the same, only this time, the game had horrible screen freezes every 2 seconds. Unplayable. It should not have screen freezes. No game should on my machine....

The black pits - Same as throne of bhaal. Unplayable screen freezing and sound issues. Shadows of amn also had that affect but it was barely noticable, at least in the starting dungeon, I havent finished it yet. If the game is still playable outside the starting dungeon, Ill let you know.

My Specs, if it will help -

Windows 7 64bit
AMD CPU Phenom 6x 1090T
Nvidia geforce gtx 970
Creative Labs SB X-Fi
RAM 16 GB

This game SHOULD have no issues whatsoever on my machine.

Edit: I have reduced my PC resolution way down from my native, and this does make an improvement, however teh screen freezes are still there, just not as bad. The issue evidently is not tied to my resolution.

Post edited by Drueric on

Comments