Skip to content

[not an issue] Main Character Dies when the right Ringslot is touched

EstarriolEstarriol Member Posts: 22
edited April 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I have a problem with my maincharacter, who repeatedly dies, when i try to remove the ring of human influence from the right ring-slot.
He even dies, when i start a new game and import the character-file.
i am using the ipad-version of the game.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• EstarriolEstarriol Member Posts: 22
    ah yes, it is. may i remove this effect somehow?
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2015
    Not ingame no, but if you want to you could upload your save file and someone like @Tresset would surely be able to help you.

Or if you're feeling up to it you could fix it yourself by downloading EEKeeper which can be found here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2 , I've never fixed this issue myself but I think the charisma drain should be under the affects tab, if you find it and remove it the problem should be gone.
  • GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2015
    Spjuv3rn said:

Not ingame no, but if you want to you could upload your save file and someone like @Tresset would surely be able to help you.

Or if you're feeling up to it you could fix it yourself by downloading EEKeeper which can be found here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2 , I've never fixed this issue myself but I think the charisma drain should be under the affects tab, if you find it and remove it the problem should be gone.

Problem is, he mentioned he's playing the iPad version of the game [And we know how child-proof iOS is...], so modifying the files is much more complicated than just downloading EE Keeper!
  • kingiuskingius Member Posts: 6
    If his character's charisma is zero when he removes the item then this is correct behaviour and modding the file would be cheating.
  • GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
    edited April 2015
    kingius said:

If his character's charisma is zero when he removes the item then this is correct behaviour and modding the file would be cheating.

Well, as I have said before; "Cheating is acceptable if it is both not hurting anybody, and if you think it's morally okay (in the current situation)".

So, even if one finds that this behavior is incorrect, you should not worry as cheating in this case [presumably] has no effect on any other person than the person whom is looking to fix this problem.

[Not saying that you're against it, I assume you're just clarifying!]
    Post edited by GreenWyvern on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Estarriol if you can use iFunbox to transfer your save file to a computer then upload it to the forums and I will fix it for you.

This is not an issue because, as was previously stated, a stat being drained to 0 should result in death.
  • EstarriolEstarriol Member Posts: 22
    ah nevermind. i made a mistake, and overread the text of the item.
    I've restarted the game already, but thanks alot for the quick help!

although it would be helpful if this item-ability would be mentioned under the point "abilities". :-)