Skip to content

Dorn V Drizzt: Who would win?... Lets get ready to rrrrrumble!!!

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
Okay... If Dorn was a lvl 15 Blackguard and he met a lvl 15 Drizzt (Fighter / Barbarian / Ranger)

Who would win... Let the battle commence!

EDIT: Dorn would rip Drizzt's intestines out... Dorn ripping his own out and feeding them Drizzt is just plain wrong ON SO MANY levels...
  1. Dorn V Drizzt: Who would win?... Lets get ready to rrrrrumble!!!92 votes
    1. Dorn would win. Dorn would rip his intestines out, then make sausages out of them, before frying and feeding them back to Drizzt...
      19.57%
    2. Drizzt would win. Drizzt will blind Dorn with his majestic sword skill before mercyfully decapitating him with one fluid strike.
      73.91%
    3. Draw. After an epic battle of good verses pure evil, balance remains supreme...
        6.52%

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    please, blackguards die easily by my paladinic hand, i'm sure drizzt wouldn't have any trouble with him.

This post is dedicated to the memory of @xlegionX, who once had a blackguard that challenged me. And lost. VERY VERY BADLY.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I vote Dorn... Because of the time I have wasted trying to kill Drizzt in BG... *sob* Why doesn't he just lay down and DIE!!!! Give me them swords Drizzt!
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    4th option: If Drizzt's pathfinding is improved, then he wins.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    If on level 15 you wouldn't be able to beat Drizzt... then your class is most probably a Best Master XD

Seriously, level 15 is high, VERY high. Considering people can kill him with the classic 161k cap solo, I can't see why a level 15 Blackguard wouldn't. What's the natural THAC0 on level 15, 6? With a +3 weapon and grandmastery, you hit 0, with Strength bonuses from a Storm Giant potion, you should hit negative 6 or something like that!
    Ran a test in BG1 - Drizzt vs. Level 15 Warrior.

Here's the result, have fun watching ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax0GG3Yj_og
    @Cheesebelly I put him at lvl 15 because I got my Fearun Campaign setting out for his stats... Then halfway through realised I had used the 3rd Edition rule set... That has him at lvl 15... Not actually sure what level he is at when you meet him in BG1.
    @Anduin : Checked on Near Infinity, he's level 16 in BG1, with -10 AC and 0 THAC0 (in other words, he cheats)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Pure fighter without buffs, with BG experience cap hasn't ghost of a chance to win one vs. one. And so Dorn has no chance.

About video above: buff + 15 lvl. Need I say more?

And btw... Is Anduin has some kind of fetish about Drizzt? It's like thrid topic about Drizzt from him.
    @Cheesebelly Just watched your vid. Drizzt is a WIMP! Can I enquire what weapon and armour you were using? (I will cut Drizzt some slack if you used a Hackmaster +12)
    @ZelgadisGW YES. Me and Drizzt have history... The damn drow would not die when I wanted him too... So I stopped playing and went mad on the forums...
    edited August 2012
    That's the Two Handed Sword +3 you get in Durlag's Tower from the King. Armor is Full Plate Mail, in conjunction to the other best protection items in the game.

@ZelgadisGW : true, but then again when is it a fair fight - if you got Drizzt, with hundreds of years of experience and twice your level, or if you cheat through the level cap yourself? Besides, his level is 16, his natural THAC0 should be 5, not 0. As well as his AC is -10, with dexterity 20 and an armor which lowers AC by 7 + defender. 6 - 9 = -3, not -10.

I may have cheated, but so did he :)

Also, his natural attacks per round are 10. Sure thing mr. Drizzt, sure thing :p
  • Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    I don't see the logic of them having the same level. At the beginning of Baldur's Gate, Drizzt is already a powerful character while Dorn is still new to adventuring, so Drizzt would probably beat him.
    Even at equal levels, the Drizzt from the books has some powerful Drow innate abilities in addition to him being an exceptional warrior.
    @Doom972 There will probably never be an encounter between Dorn and Drizzt at lvl 15 (PLEASE PUT THIS INTO BG2:EE!) This is just plain fantasy. A bit like Who would win in a scrap between Superman, Batman and James Bond (yeah, yeah, yeah I know James Bond...)

By the looks of it a plain ol' fighter one level below bested Drizzt so...
    With the best potions of course :p
    ;) of course. Do you think the Olympic commitee would allow athletes to take strength potions if they were available?
    Anduin said:

@Doom972 There will probably never be an encounter between Dorn and Drizzt at lvl 15 (PLEASE PUT THIS INTO BG2:EE!) This is just plain fantasy. A bit like Who would win in a scrap between Superman, Batman and James Bond (yeah, yeah, yeah I know James Bond...)

Lost your mind, batman. Batman is the man.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Cheesebelly You have some good points here, although it is hard to call anything about fighting Drizzt fair. He is overpowered in-game, true but I think it's to compersate the fact, that he don't have acces to powerfull protection items and potions. Plus, dual-wield wasn't really iomplemented in BG1, so his blows were strange, making you do save vs. death or you were taking additional damage (that was supposed to be dual-wield).

Anyway, I know that you wanted Anduin to feel good, so there is nothing wrong with this ;]

@Anduin
    Drizzt Maniacal syndrome, I see :).
    @Bjjorick Look... Have you ever seen James Bond lose a fight? Batman has... Supermans even died for gods sake. James Bond however has never died.. Although he goes through women at quite a rate *sigh* as in they die.
    edited August 2012
    Anduin said:

Of course this is plain fantasy, but since you brought it up, I assumed we can discuss it here and bring up points to justify our views.
    As for that video - it only shows what would happen if the battle takes place in the BG1 engine, and it doesn't show the fighter's stats or chosen difficulty level.
    I assumed the discussion is about what a battle would be like if they both knew what they were doing and not when guided by the game's AI subroutine.
    @Doom972 You are right... I am thinking BG engine. Drizzt has a bit of a legend around him... Maybe Dorns legend will become as impressive?
    Anduin said:

@Doom972 You are right... I am thinking BG engine. Drizzt has a bit of a legend around him... Maybe Dorns legend will become as impressive?

That remains to be seen. I wonder if he'll become a canon Forgotten Realms character.
    Anduin said:

@Bjjorick Look... Have you ever seen James Bond lose a fight? Batman has... Supermans even died for gods sake. James Bond however has never died.. Although he goes through women at quite a rate *sigh* as in they die.

almost at the rate that batman goes through robins. No sex though, he takes care of his women. And isn't it more impressive that batman has died and gotten back up and still kicked ass? Superman died and then there were 4 of him, all of them sucked. And james bond? ha, batman's gadgets are better. Maybe we should make a poll so you can see that i'm right. :)
    Have any of the characters become canon forgotten realm characters? I know of Obould Many Arrows appearing in NWN... But Khalid, Jaheria, Minsc... I don't beleive they made it to the canonic (inventing words again) status... Maybe I'm wrong. I would like them too though...
    @Bjjorick Your on!
    @anduin just don't get your feelings hurt bro.
    @Bjjorick Don't worry... I'm leading the vote at present... I am the only one who has voted...
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited September 2012
    However, if there's a small pond for Dorn to run around then Drizzt is screwed, as ponds are his Achilles' Heel.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Drizzt is never alone. Therefore... He has Guenhwyvar, Bruenor Battlehammer, Regis, Cattie-Brie and Wulfgar backing him up. So I vote Drizzt.
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
    edited September 2012
    @Anduin

There are characters from BG that are now canon. Any character who appears in the... the... the... BG novels are canonized. So this is: Jaheira, Minsc, Montaron, Xzar, Khalid, Imoen, Abdel Adrian (CHARNAME), Irenicus etc.

But I shall say no more! The novels are taboo 'round these parts.

There are also a surprisingly large amount of characters who appear in the games who are from canon sources. I made a thread (on another forum) collecting their names a while ago. I never got to finishing it though and I knew of a few others (now only remember one of them) that I never added.

http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14917
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Bjjorick said:

please, blackguards die easily by my paladinic hand, i'm sure drizzt wouldn't have any trouble with him.

This post is dedicated to the memory of @xlegionX, who once had a blackguard that challenged me. And lost. VERY VERY BADLY.

Say what now? Oh HELLLLL NO!!! As I recall you lost horribly and you still lost horribly!! I chopped off your holy head and used it as a puppet to repeat everything you just said: "Amma, legion ish a pathetic black guardy whose thinksh he can kill paladinsh" HAHAHA look whose talking dead paladin!!