Skip to content

{Spoilers? Not sure} Romance with another NPC?

Everytime Anomens opens his mouth to speak he makes me LOL.

He is coming onto my main who is a female which I still find GAY (a straight guy here in RL)
Is there any point? Does it change the storyline?

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    The storyline does change some based on whether or not you're involved in a romance. There's also a quest you can only get by romancing Anomen. Also, it might be worth some self-reflection to figure out why you're so bothered by the possibility of it seeming "GAY."
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited April 2015
    joluv said:

The storyline does change some based on whether or not you're involved in a romance. There's also a quest you can only get by romancing Anomen. Also, it might be worth some self-reflection to figure out why you're so bothered by the possibility of it seeming "GAY."

I would add that if you play a female character a RPG, despite being a man IRL, you should not be bothered by romancing a boy. I mean, you are the one who decided to act as a girl at first, in game I mean.
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    joluv said:

How many times can you REJECT him before the guy no longer keeps asking you and the quest is no longer available?

• YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Let's not turn this into a conversation about sexuality and/or being secure in their own whatever. That is an endless pit full of spikes, barbwire, flames, snakes, oversized arachnids, elephants, flying monkeys and of course....Saemon Havarian.

IMO, if you are roleplaying a girl, you should act like one. You can play the independent type that needs no man to protect herself, or you can be the damsel in distress, if you want to. With roleplaying women, there comes the female mindset with it's obscure reasonings, complicated social behaviour, and what-not.

Women just have more criteria for guys than guys have for them. We as guys see boobs, we're in love. Women see the body ofc as well, but they take other things into account as well, such as maturity, sense of security, sense of humor, morals and ethics and world-view.

So if you roleplay a female CN Assassin, she wouldn't have much in common with Anomen, a knight-in-training, but more in common with say, Hexxat or Dorn.

That said, you have 3 other romance choices besides Anomen. Those are Dorn, Hexxat and Rasaad. You can also decide to screw romance (pun....?) and deny all of them.

PS. Anything I said about men and women shouldn't be taken as personal opinion or fact of any kind. They are, in fact, crude generalisations which can IMO be applied into roleplaying. After all, guidelines are good for roleplaying purposes.
    @Yannir: Considering how that post started, it went in an odd direction.
    Yannir said:

Let's not turn this into a conversation about sexuality and/or being secure in their own whatever. That is an endless pit full of spikes, barbwire, flames, snakes, oversized arachnids, elephants, flying monkeys and of course....Saemon Havarian.

IMO, if you are roleplaying a girl, you should act like one. You can play the independent type that needs no man to protect herself, or you can be the damsel in distress, if you want to. With roleplaying women, there comes the female mindset with it's obscure reasonings, complicated social behaviour, and what-not.

Women just have more criteria for guys than guys have for them. We as guys see boobs, we're in love. Women see the body ofc as well, but they take other things into account as well, such as maturity, sense of security, sense of humor, morals and ethics and world-view.

So if you roleplay a female CN Assassin, she wouldn't have much in common with Anomen, a knight-in-training, but more in common with say, Hexxat or Dorn.

That said, you have 3 other romance choices besides Anomen. Those are Dorn, Hexxat and Rasaad. You can also decide to screw romance (pun....?) and deny all of them.

PS. Anything I said about men and women shouldn't be taken as personal opinion or fact of any kind. They are, in fact, crude generalisations which can IMO be applied into roleplaying. After all, guidelines are good for roleplaying purposes.

A lawful good undead hunter paladin compatible with Anomen.

'Damsel in distress' fantasy women are a myth or oxymoron (unless they are nooby commoners), especially the adventuring types and thats what makes them so attractive. 'Damsel in distress' only exist in RL.

I would probably go for Hexxat though (what a cutie) but I think shes too evil for my alignment.

PS fantasy RP is great even RL fantasy RP - Dungeons & Madames /winks.
    ...as did that one.

NB: fantasy women are a myth, fullstop.
    @joluv It was a stream-of-consciousness kind of writing. That's what happens when you have too many things to add to a subject.

Dunno, maybe I just thought it weird that someone would RP a girl, then feel gay about it. If it feels weird, don't do it.

PS. Fantasy can be defined as myth, so yeah, fantasy women are myth in a way.
    @TheWiSeFooL An undead hunter and a vampire romance? I can't see how that could ever be roleplayed.. :smiley:
    Yannir said:

@joluv It was a stream-of-consciousness kind of writing. That's what happens when you have too many things to add to a subject.

Dunno, maybe I just thought it weird that someone would RP a girl, then feel gay about it. If it feels weird, don't do it.

PS. Fantasy can be defined as myth, so yeah, fantasy women are myth in a way.

No. You have probably misconstrued me. I should rephrase that.

There are no such 'damsel in distress' types *AS* Fantasy women is what I meant.
    Fantasy women are simply too strong to be *in distress* but aye its a fantasy setting.
    You roll an 18 for charisma what can you say LOL.

'Dunno, maybe I just thought it weird that someone would RP a girl, then feel gay about it. If it feels weird, don't do it.'

You've made illogical statement. Being a straight guy that is why I pick a female toon to look at because that is what I am attracted to. I would feel less GAY if I had a romance with another female toon (but that would make my toon a lesbian *within* the game).
    Although there really isn't much to RP or someone to RP with as its not an MMO.

Anyhow this is all beside the point.

I just wanted to find out if having a romance would open up a subplot or side quests and my question has been answered.

I pick a female toon to look at because that is what I am attracted to.

Hmmmm.

/WINKS

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2015
    Ooh I thought you would go for Hexxat, that's why you picked a female charname. I think we can assume that nobody picks a female pc just to romance Anomen. (Outside of morbid curiosity) To say he is annoying may be an understatement. I am sure many gay people, and even straight women players, would have liked another romance option pre-bg:ee area. (And that's one of the reasons why there are tons of mods!)

Come bg:ee, Hexxat is surprisingly pleasant, at least in-game, when compared to other evil npcs. She is no Dorn, she has no 'let's kill innocent people and creatures of pure goodness for teh evulz' quests. She is not obnoxious like Edwin, or vile as Korgan.

My previous wild mage had a freak accident with a surge and had to spend some time as a female, and Hexxat has initiated romance talks with me, even after the transformation was gone. She seems pleasant, mysterious and sensual. If anything, she shows how lawful good npcs can be pricks. Aerie whines like she never has and good old Mazzy straight up murders her in cold blood.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Yannir said:

@TheWiSeFooL An undead hunter and a vampire romance? I can't see how that could ever be roleplayed.. :smiley:

Buffy! :smiley:

Why didn't you play a make character who would fall for one of the female npcs?
    lroumen said:

Yannir said:

Buffy herself did not have a girl&girl romance until the comics of season 8. But then again Willow&Tara will always be the favourite same sex couple of all times for me.

Oh shoot, now I have to recreate Buffy and her team on Blackpits2. Buffy-undead hunter, Willow-cleric/mage (so she gets to raise dead) Tara as a mellow harmless druid, ooh ^^
    lunar said:

Ooh I thought you would go for Hexxat, that's why you picked a female charname. I think we can assume that nobody picks a female pc just to romance Anomen. (Outside of morbid curiosity) To say he is annoying may be an understatement. I am sure many gay people, and even straight women players, would have liked another romance option pre-bg:ee area. (And that's one of the reasons why there are tons of mods!)

Come bg:ee, Hexxat is surprisingly pleasant, at least in-game, when compared to other evil npcs. She is no Dorn, she has no 'let's kill innocent people and creatures of pure goodness for teh evulz' quests. She is not obnoxious like Edwin, or vile as Korgan.

My previous wild mage had a freak accident with a surge and had to spend some time as a female, and Hexxat has initiated romance talks with me, even after the transformation was gone. She seems pleasant, mysterious and sensual. If anything, she shows how lawful good npcs can be pricks. Aerie whines like she never has and good old Mazzy straight up murders her in cold blood.

The thing that I like about Anomen is the zealous righteousness that Minsc has. That is why I picked a pally myself.
    Although Anomen is in a slightly more annoying way. He rolled a 16 for wisdom you sometimes think that he falls a bit short as he keeps second guessing himself.

Yeah Hexxats sexy voice is starting to turn me on LOL.

What are the name of these 'romance' mods so you can romance other npc's?
    lroumen said:

Yannir said:

During all of my gaming days I have never once created a male toon unless the option to roll a female toon wasn't open to me. In all of my MMO's, RPG's my mains have been females, especially when every detail is fully customisable and the graphics are eye candy. However I may consider rolling one for BG....its just that I exported it all the way through from BG1 and ToSC and wanted to keep that character.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Well that customizable part is indeed not really present for bg. Unless you count the paper doll in the inventory screen.
    Just met Haer'Daelis now this guy looks more studly why can't it be him instead of Anomen.

Just met Haer'Daelis now this guy looks more studly why can't it be him instead of Anomen.

He romances Aerie instead, if you have both in your party and you yourself are not romancing Aerie. Oh, no, even if you are romancing Aerie, he will still hit on her.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727

There's a http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/984-haerdalis-romance/ mod, and a good one. BioWare just decided to leave us without an official romance with the sparrow but the modders made it possible to romance Haer'Daelis.