Skip to content

Changing BG2:EE Default Permissions Has No Effect

HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
edited April 2015 in Troubleshooting
Hi Everyone,

When I change the default permissions on the host machine (I tried changing it on the connecting machines too) from '00000001' to '11111111' via the BG2EE ini, it had no effect when the other players connected, they start without permissions.

I'm playing a LAN game via TCP/IP, and the other machines are connecting directly via IP.

They don't have any default permissions and these need to be activated from the permissions screen by the host. I appreciate this is a relatively minor issue, but it would be a massive time saver in the grand scheme of things if the other players could, by default, have all permissions (so they can assign themselves their characters immediately).

I should note that the change to the ini stays saved, and changing other ini options works properly (so I don't think it's an issue with the change not being properly effected through the ini'.

Edit: also checked hosting via Beamdog.net and the effect is the same, despite default permissions being set by the ini, players dont have them when they join.

Comments