Skip to content

Jaheira romance once again (no bandits)

Hey I have question about Jaheira romance... It is not really question, I think my romance is f****d (not first time in life, but first time in computer game:)).

Jaheira love talks used to appear to me quite often... for a while. But suddenly it stopped completly. I know that key moment in romance is bandit attack that occurs, when you sleep outdoors after reaching certain point in romance dialogues. I am not sure in where are I am in love talks, maybe just before bandit attack or maybe this should happen right now.

The problem is that bandit attack does not occur. I know Jaheira romance is bugged (however I was hoping they fixed it in EE). I solved curse quest, xzar/montaron quest but I bought necklace for Jaheira just now (after I solved all quests in chapter II). However I read the necklace is not part of romance.

I assume that what went wrong is that after certain dialogue I should rest outdoors and probably I rested in tavern.
So I figured out my only solution to this problem is to force bandit attack by EE Keeper or console. And there is where I need help. I have no idea how to do this.

In my EE Keeper, when I check Global Variances for Jaheira I have:
JAHEIRAROMANCE - 1221185 (that tells me nothing, I noticed that variable did not change for a while)
JAHEIRAROMANCE ACTIVE - 1 (I read that means romance didn`t started but it is still aviable)
LOVERSTRIGGER - 2 (no idea that that means)
I can`t find "LOVETALK" variable.

So that`s it... as I said before, I need to figure out how to force bandit attack, I was probably very close to this. I really want to complete this, I want it to be my best run ;)

Any advices will be helpful.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    First of all, you should type

CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL") – to find out what value it has. In BG2:EE you should type C:GetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

This major romance variable shows the current romance state and you should always check it if things seem to be going wrong.

Possible values of this variable (XX) are:
    0 – romance was never started,
    1 – romance is progressing,
    2 – romance lives, NPC is finally in love with you,
    3 – romance is dead for good.

If you have 0 or 3, you can type

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",XX) – to manually set the value. In BG2:EE you should type C:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",XX)

For the "prior-to-bandits" stage, 1 will do.

Another important variable for managing a romance is LoveTalk. It shows how far the romance has progressed.

There are two commands you should use to access the variable:

1) CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS") while holding the mouse pointer over the Jaheira's portrait. Press return and the console will show you her romance rating. In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole.

2) CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,XX) which sets your love talk to a given rating, where XX is a number. (So if you have a bug you might be able to get things moving again. In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole.

You have to go through at least LT=25 for the Bandit Quest to start.

Until this quest happens, you won’t proceed with romance. Keep in mind that this quest will happen ONLY if you’re OUTDOORS, not in the CITY and not in area 2500 (Elven Temple at Underdark Exit). For example, you can go to Windspear Hills.

And of course, when you’re there, go to sleep.

You should get your bandits to appear.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2015
    Afaik, you should also do the Xzar's harpers quest, because right after the bandit attack, Meronia appears and takes J to the Harper stronghold. A day later J comes back and takes you to the stronghold for judgement. Obviously, it can not happen unless you have been into that stronghold.

Edit:read you did the quest.

For lovetalk variable, select Jaheira in the eekeeper and look at her locals effects. It is not going to be in the globals section, but is on Jaheira's locals table.
  • Common_AdventurerCommon_Adventurer Member Posts: 23
    Ok thank you all for help! I fixed it!

"For lovetalk variable, select Jaheira in the eekeeper and look at her locals effects. It is not going to be in the globals section, but is on Jaheira's locals table. "

I have no idea why I didn`t figure it out by myself :) Thank you.

When I found LOVETALK variable it was set on 27 which is bandit attack (which never happend). Setting it on 25 fixed the problem. After i waited for the dialogue than I rested outside and badnits appeared. So if anyone has LOVETALK variable in EE Keeper stuck on 27 just change it to 25 and it`s done. Btw setting it on 26 does nothing.

Thank you all again for your help, if i find more bugs in EE I post them in this thread :)
  • SabamonsterSabamonster Member Posts: 3
    "When I found LOVETALK variable it was set on 27 which is bandit attack (which never happend). Setting it on 25 fixed the problem. After i waited for the dialogue than I rested outside and badnits appeared. So if anyone has LOVETALK variable in EE Keeper stuck on 27 just change it to 25 and it`s done. Btw setting it on 26 does nothing."

You're a legend mate