Skip to content

A Paladin

Hello my friends, it's me again. Now I have some questions about the paladins, If you guys can answer I would be very grateful.

1 - What makes a paladin become a fallen paladin?

2- Can i recruit Viconia without became a fallen paladin? (you know, reputation drops -2)

3 - Can i start a romance with Viconia with my paladin?

4 - Can my thief pickpocket someone without i become fallen paladin? (Imoen, Jan...)

5 - Paladin really needs wisdom?

Sorry my bad english :(

Thank you.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    1. Your reputation has to fall below a certain threshold. I think you fall when you hit 8 reputation, but I could be wrong about the exact number. It's close to 8, at least.

2. Yes, unless the reputation loss drops you below the threshold mentioned above.

3. Yes, although it might be tricky to roleplay.

4. Pickpocketing doesn't result in reputation loss, so yes. However, if you get caught, you may be attacked by guards and innocents, and killing them will tank your reputation very fast.

5. Not at all. Paladins have a minimum Wisdom score, but it doesn't really do anything for them.
  • diogojindiogojin Member Posts: 25
    @Jarrakul Thank you my friend.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited April 2015
    @Jarrakul 's post is right in everything except for the level of reputation.

Directly from BGEE and BG2EE manuals: Players of Paladins and Rangers must watch their reputation carefully. If at any time the party’s reputation falls below 6, Paladins lose their class abilities; if the reputation falls below 4, Rangers lose theirs. In either case, if the reputation of the party falls below the acceptable level, that character becomes “Fallen.”
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Paladins can fall to 6 now? That's horrid! It's actually a little challenging to get that low for a pally, since they start at 13 or 14 (CHA and LG nature). Seems overly permissive of evil.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    @reedmilfam Charisma doesn't impact the starting reputation, only alignment does.

Lawful Good = 12
    Neutral Good / Chaotic Good = 11
    Neutral = 10
    Lawful Evil / Neutral Evil = 9
    Chaotic Evil = 8