Skip to content

#12580 Standard Attack AI script should not cancel requested actions

BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
edited April 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Hello everybody.
I was noticing a strange behaviour of the characters of my party.. I felt that something was wrong and I just got a confirmation.
The problem is that sometimes, when given the order to cast a spell, the characters ignores it and continues fighting melee or ranged. I just tried with Jan: he cast the first chromatic orb but ignored the order to cast the second. Same with other characters and spell. The script set is "standard attack", the same that I used in BG1EE.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Blash could you try the following please, assuming you have the PC version.

Change the script to None.
    Save the game and shut it down.
    Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the BGII:EE scripts folder, e.g. mine is C:\BeamDog\Games\00783\scripts
    Rename agen.bs, e.g. to agen.bs.bak
    Navigate to the BG:EE scripts folder C:\BeamDog\Games\00766\scripts
    Copy the agen.bs file.
    Navigate back to the BGII:EE scripts folder and paste the file there.
    Restart the game.
    Select your character.
    Reassign the script.

I think that should work unless the attacker is in melee range at which point the BG:EE script would also re-evaluate options.

If you can provide feedback I'll get this raised.
    Thanks
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    edited April 2015
    I'll do it at once and report.
    Another thing I noticed is that if a certain character is told to attack a certain enemy, he will go and attack it but then change back to the enemy he was fighting before -.- It's quite frustrating.

I followed your steps, I'm going to play for a while and write back.

After one first test, it seems that the problem is solved, but I'm going to test more.
    After some hours I can confirm that now my party members behave as they shoud. Thanks for the quick solution.
    I ran into a similar problem caused by a mod and I no longer have BGEE installed.. could you (or anyone) post here an agen.bs file taken from a 1.3 installation of BGEE please?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try this