Skip to content

Feature Request: Ordinary stepbrother/sister

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
Hey ppl, i intent to ask the devs here to adapt the single player to allow us to make an second character (which i will refer from now on as the "ordinary brother").

The point of this character is to make an 2 character that will have nothing of special (at least i'm not asking for this), no banters or interaction.

The history behind him could be an 3° optional stepbrother/sister (along with Imoen) with no relation to any special event, just another random orphan.

Pratical function? A second character with freedom to be anything, someone to fill blank spaces, someone to be in the party for a time... utility this character will have many.

In fact i can make a multiplayer game with even 6 made NPCs (only the first will be the Bhaalspawn), but the point is that give a lot of trouble and is out of character in BG history (to start with a party of 6).

Comments

• djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    I don't get it. Why don't you simply start a MP game with only CHARNAME and another custom character as this "ordinary brother?"
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm not seeing the point. However, if need, make a mod with your new brother/sister NPC. *shrug*
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2015
    djc said:

I don't get it. Why don't you simply start a MP game with only CHARNAME and another custom character as this "ordinary brother?"

Yup. :) Start a MP game with 2 characters. I think you can even copy the savegame to the SP directory if you don't want to go through the MP screens.

I'm not seeing the point. However, if need, make a mod with your new brother/sister NPC. *shrug*

That's the point, to make this i have to start an multiplayer game, make 2 or more characters, then i go to my save directory and transfer the save from MP to SP game. It can be done, but the question is, why i have to do this when enhanced edition came to simplify things?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    And by simplify, you mean complicate, right?

It takes literally less than a minute to copy/cut and paste a savegame from "mpsave" to "save". Is it really worth the dozens of man-hours it would take to implement something like this?